Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

Cleon

Legend
:p

How about this? I'll roll a 1d2. If it's 1, I "win," if it's 2, you "win."

[roll0]

The problem with that approach is that the poster could edit their post so their "win" condition matches the roll.

e.g. I could write "if I roll a one I win", then roll the d2 and roll a 2 but then edit the post to "if I roll a two I win".

If I edit it within the 5 minute window of the forum there'd be no way another viewer would be able to tell.

For example, I'll just type "I'll win on a one - [roll0] - Victory Is Mine!". EDIT: I edited the text of this sentence. Can you tell what it was before?

It'd be much less controvertible if I called the d2 result and you rolled the d2, as per a normal coin toss, where it's normally the other party who flips the coin.

However, I prefer the idea of us each rolling a dice (of whatever size we like - how about d12?) and the highest wins, with ties rerolling until we get a result.

Dice-offs seems more 'D&D' somehow.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
True, you can edit the win condition, but you can't edit the roll at least. Hmm, the problem is that the post doesn't note that there's an edit unless you wait long enough to do the edit.

In any case, I'll go ahead and roll a few d12's in case we need multiple tie-breakers.

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

Cleon

Legend
True, you can edit the win condition, but you can't edit the roll at least. Hmm, the problem is that the post doesn't note that there's an edit unless you wait long enough to do the edit.

In any case, I'll go ahead and roll a few d12's in case we need multiple tie-breakers.

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

So I need to beat an 8 do I. Oh well, I'll give it a shot.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Cleon

Legend
So I need to beat an 8 do I. Oh well, I'll give it a shot.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

A 5!

Darn it to tarnation!

Oh well, it's a fair cop (within the limits of random number generators).

Obviously the superior wording will have to be reserved for the Cleon Special™ version.

So are you still OK with:

In either case, am I right in thinking you want a "multiveil" paragraph worded something like:

If the opponent is entangled in more than one veil, the enemy only needs to make a single Escape Artist or Strength check to escape, but the DC to escape is increased by +1 per additional veil.

freyar

I am the master of fate! :p

Yes, I'm fine with that wording.

Glad that's settled. What do we need next for these?

Cleon

Legend
I am the master of fate! :p

Yes, I'm fine with that wording.

Gloat will you can, I'll get you and your digital facsimile of dice in due course!:mad:

---;)

Updating the Veiled Maidens Working Draft.

Glad that's settled. What do we need next for these?

Well we might as well go through them in order, so it'd be Steel Cloth next.

The original AD&D ability let a Martial Artist give a length of cloth the combat stats of a spear when wielding it.

freyar

Hmm, well, we could just do that, including hardness. But a spear isn't a terribly veil-like weapon. What if we made it a bit more like the pathfinder bladed scarf here?

Cleon

Legend
Hmm, well, we could just do that, including hardness. But a spear isn't a terribly veil-like weapon. What if we made it a bit more like the pathfinder bladed scarf here?

I was planning on using the whip-dagger from the Arms & Equipment Guide as a model. This has the same extended reach, trip and disarm (with a +2 bonus) abilities as a whip but does lethal slashing damage instead of nonlethal slashing damage like a whip.

I thought it did 1d4 damage like a dagger (hence the name "whip-dagger), but after checking the Arms & Equipment guide it does 1d6/19-20.

freyar

That'll work for me. The damage is even comparable to a shortspear (slightly better with the threat range).

Remove ads