• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

Shade

Monster Junkie
Alertness is probably a better fit since they spend their time defending their groves. It doesn't note that they hunt down intruders they've driven off.

Let's go with DC 25.

Cleon

Legend
Alertness is probably a better fit since they spend their time defending their groves. It doesn't note that they hunt down intruders they've driven off.

Let's go with DC 25.

Alertness is fine by me. Plenty of animals (or animalistic creatures) have it.

Besides, most canines get Track as a bonus feat...

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Skills: 30 ranks (max 5 per skill)

Skills: A kitsuni kasumi has a +2 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks, and a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks.

Bluff 5, Hide 5, Knowledge (nature) 5, Listen 5, Spot 5, Tumble 5?

Maybe Intimidate instead of Bluff?

Cleon

Legend
Updated.

Skills: 30 ranks (max 5 per skill)

Skills: A kitsuni kasumi has a +2 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks, and a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks.

Bluff 5, Hide 5, Knowledge (nature) 5, Listen 5, Spot 5, Tumble 5?

Maybe Intimidate instead of Bluff?

I prefer Bluff, since Oriental Fox Spirits tend to be tricky.

Alternatively, we could cut Tumble and give them Intimidate AND Bluff.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Isn't it usually Diplomacy and Tumble? ;)

These look pretty good. I'd say CR 1, though the DR they have (in either form) is a little much for that CR.

Shade

Monster Junkie
That's OK by me.

Bluff and Tumble sounds kinda kinky. :p

Either is more noble than Jump and Tumble (although that provides synergy bonuses). :blush:

These look pretty good. I'd say CR 1, though the DR they have (in either form) is a little much for that CR.

They have decent spell resistance as well and are rather swift. I'm leaning toward a weak CR 2.

Organization: Solitary or x (2–24)

Treasure: x

Advancement: x

A kitsune kasumi is 3 feet long and weighs x pounds.

Cleon

Legend

Depends whether they intend to call them the next day. :p

I'm split between strong CR 1 and weak CR 2. Their Mist Form, SR, DR, and "magic claws & fangs" combine into a quite effective package.

Their main weakness is poor AC and hit points, but their ability to incorporate only when they need to attack makes that a lot less of a liability than for regular flesh & blood critters.

Hmm, I'm leaning towards CR 2.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads