NO. OF ATTACKS: 1
DAMAGE/ATTACK: By weapon
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Nil
SPECIAL DEFENSES: Spell immunities
MAGIC RESISTANCE: 30%
SIZE: M (6’ tall)
MORALE: Fearless (20)
XP VALUE: 120

Demos magens use armor and weapons to serve their masters. Their creators give them the skill to use one type of melee weapon and one type of missile weapon; they can be taught more types later. If they wear armor, they enjoy the benefit of the appropriate Armor Class, provided it exceeds their natural AC 7. No other type of magen uses armor.

Demos
Armor Class: 7 or armor type
Hit Dice: 3+2
Move: 120’(40’)
Attacks: 1 weapon
Damage: 1-8 or by weapon
No. Appearing: l-10
Save As: Fighter 4
Morale: 12
Treasure Type: C
Alignment: Neutral

Demos. Demos magen have no special powers and fight with weapons. If they wear armor, they will have the armor class of that armor; otherwise, their armor class is 7.

Cleon

Legend
That'll work. Updated.

Great! It looks finished now.

Well, unless you'd like to follow my suggestion of giving each "brew" of magen a different name:

A brew of demos?
An elasticity of caldren?
A fulmination of galven? A levin of galven? (both mean "lightning")
A charm of hynos? A mesmerism of hypnos?
An expulsion of scalos?

Cleon

Legend
Demos look pretty straightforward. I'd just make them three Hit Dice Medium Constructs with +3 natural armour, a bit of SR and some weapons.

Cleon

Legend
Construction
To create a magen requires a custom built laboratory equipped with an electrum-lined mold. This mold defines the shape of the magen (humanoid, equine, canine, lizard etc). The total cost of this laboratory is 15,000 gp, but it can be reused to make multiple magen of any type (Demos, Caldren, Hypnos et cetera). Additional molds to create magen of other shapes cost 5,000 gp apiece.

Constructing a hypnos magen requires exotic alchemical reagents and tinctures costing at least 1000 gp. Molding the body requires a DC 12 Craft (alchemy) check.

CL 5th; Craft Construct, animate dead, charm person, shocking grasp, suggestion, caster must be at least 5th level; Price 5,000 gp; Cost 3,000 gp + 160 XP.

Gah!

I just realized the original description says "Wizards never shape them to resemble animals or monsters, but sometimes give them bestial features", meaning the sample shapes for the mold was all wrong.

It needs changing from "(humanoid, equine, canine, lizard etc)" to something like "This mold defines the shape of the magen (male or female; human, dwarf, half-elf or other humanoid race)."

Construction
To create a magen requires a custom built laboratory equipped with an electrum-lined mold. This mold defines the shape of the magen (male or female; human, dwarf, half-elf or other humanoid race). The total cost of this laboratory is 15,000 gp, but it can be reused to make multiple magen of any type (Demos, Caldren, Hypnos et cetera). Additional molds to create magen of other shapes cost 5,000 gp apiece.

Constructing a hypnos magen requires exotic alchemical reagents and tinctures costing at least 1000 gp. Molding the body requires a DC 12 Craft (alchemy) check.

CL 5th; Craft Construct, animate dead, charm person, shocking grasp, suggestion, caster must be at least 5th level; Price 5,000 gp; Cost 3,000 gp + 160 XP.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Gah!

I just realized the original description says "Wizards never shape them to resemble animals or monsters, but sometimes give them bestial features", meaning the sample shapes for the mold was all wrong.

It needs changing from "(humanoid, equine, canine, lizard etc)" to something like "This mold defines the shape of the magen (male or female; human, dwarf, half-elf or other humanoid race)."

Oops! I glossed over that as well. I've now fixed it.

Demos look pretty straightforward. I'd just make them three Hit Dice Medium Constructs with +3 natural armour, a bit of SR and some weapons.

That sounds about right. Pretty straightforward. We might also increase Str a bit over the hypnos, and possibly lower Cha.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Definitely increase Str and lower Cha. We might also give them some fighterly bonus feats or something.

Edit: GrayLinnorm and I are apparently on the same page...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads