Converting Planescape monsters

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
This is pretty cool! The origin flavor is pretty good, too.

I guess we should pick the HD. Any preference from 1 to 6? I think I'd go toward the higher end, but I could be persuaded for anything.

I think we should write a template for victims of the possession, probably.

Shade

Monster Junkie
You're probably right. I was thinking we could get by with the various possession abilities of loumara, but treating a victim more like a captured one of a raggomoffyn might be a better mechanic.

For ability scores, the fall between a guecubu and caligostro in HD.

Guecubu: Str -, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 17
Caligostro: Str -, Dex 20, Con 18, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 22

So maybe Str -, Dex 17-18, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 15-16, Cha 19-20?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Added to Homebrews.

While insubstantial, mezzikim can neither make attacks nor be attacked. They can, however, use the following magical abilities, each three times per day: affect normal fires, audible glamer, cantrip, and ventriloquism. They use these abilities to spook mortals, and engender an atmosphere of fear.

Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day—ghost sound, prestidigitation, pyrotechnics (DC x), ventriloquism (DC x). Caster level 6th. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Note, however, that mezzikim lack the ordinary spell-like abilities and resistances of normal baatezu. These are linked to their physical bodies and are not available to them while on the Prime Material.

Drop immunity to fire and poison and resistance to acid 10 and cold 10 common to baatezu? I'd recommend we retain the see in darkness ability, though.

Other than this special attack, the mezzikim can corrupt the body of the host. At any point of the possession, the mezzikim can cause disease on the victim. The devil chooses the potency of the disease, as per the spell. There is also a 25% chance that the disease is contagious.

Add contagion (against host only) 1/day?

Remove ads