• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape Converting Planescape monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Change attack lines to:

Attack: +1 merciful spear +7 melee (1d8+1/x3 plus 1d6 nonlethal)
Full Attack: +1 merciful spear +7/+2 melee (1d8+1/x3 plus 1d6 nonlethal)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Posting in homebrews…

Looking a bit at other celestials for inspiration on skills & feats…

Skill ranks (70):
Concentration +5, Diplomacy +8, Escape Artist +7, Hide +6, Knowledge (the planes) +6, Listen +5, Move Silently +6, Search +5, Sense Motive +5, Spot +5, Survival +6, Swim +2

(should we give it a “uses Dex for Swim” modifier?)

Other ideas for feats (we have Negotiator, we need three more):
Alertness, Combat Expertise/Improved Disarm, Dodge/Mobility, Endurance, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Run – also metamagic feats for spell-likes?

Shade

Monster Junkie
They probably don't need the "Dex for Swim" bit, since they have a swim speed and get a +8 bonus because of it.

After re-reading their description, I like Alertness and Quicken Spell-Like Ability (water breathing) to help them quickly spot and aid those in need of help. For the remaining feat, I like Improved Init, so that they may have an opportunity to flee before combat gets too deadly.

Shade

Monster Junkie
CR 7?

LA +3:
+1 for unbalanced ability scores
+1 for natural armor
+1 for "at will" spell-like abilities
Weight 150-200 lbs?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yeah, you are probably right. I had looked at a bunch of low to mid-range celestials, and they all had CRs equal to their HD. However, the zoveri doesn't really have much offensive capability, so 5 is probably appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads