Converting prehistoric animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Not necessarily paleontological, but the original monster is immune to fear effects, which I think would be interesting for a dino. Anyone have an opinion?

Utahraptors are intelligent for dinosaurs, but still rather stupid. This makes them utterly fearless. They do not check morale unless all adults in the pack are slain (the morale rating is for young and hatchling raptors). Utahraptors are genetically driven to attack creatures much larger than themselves and are immune to magical fear.

Shade

Monster Junkie
UINTATHERIUM
FREQUENCY: Uncommon
NO. APPEARING: 1-8
ARMOR CLASS: 6
MOVE: 15"
HIT DICE: 9
NO. OF ATTACKS: 1 bite, or 1 charge with trample
DAMAGE/ATTACK: 2-8, or 2-16 and 2-8/2-8
% IN LAIR: Nil (free roaming)
TREASURE TYPE: Nil
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Nil
SPECIAL DEFENSES: Nil
MAGIC RESISTANCE: Standard
INTELLIGENCE: Animal
ALIGNMENT: Neutral
SIZE: L
PSIONIC ABILITY: Nil

This bizarre Eocene animal was the size of a large rhinoceros and was herbivorous, but had large molar fangs. (As a side note, many herbivores of the early Cenozoic had fangs.) Six small, knobby horns appeared on its head. Uintatherium attacked with its fangs and forefeet. It could charge like a rhinoceros.

Originally appeared in Dragon Magazine #137 (1988).

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Powerful charge like a rhino, attack line gore, bite, two stamps? Give it a trample attack? Multiattack would make sense, feat-wise.

Demiurge out.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Not much more information at Wikipedia.

Basically take a rhino, add a bite and stamp attacks, modify speed and other differences, and call it a day?

RavinRay

Explorer
At first I was not sure it should have a gore attack, but seeing that bison and boar have them, why not? Trample yes, stamp I doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads