Converting prehistoric creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I don't think they're quite as transparent as a cube, though. I'd probably prefer a racial bonus to Hide.

Cleon, all your monsters are special. ;)

Cleon

Legend
Other transparent creatures usually have a racial bonus on Hide checks. The static DC 20 camouflage is usually reserved for creatures that resemble inanimate objects. I'll see if I can find a precedent or two to determine the amount of the bonus.

Edit: I stand corrected. The g-cube has this...

Transparent (Ex): Gelatinous cubes are hard to see, even under ideal conditions, and it takes a DC 15 Spot check to notice one. Creatures who fail to notice a cube and walk into it are automatically engulfed.

In that case, I'm fine with simply borrowing that ability.

It's the Icetails that are partially transparent, this thread's currently converting the Yohoia. That beastie covers itself in silt and springs out at passing prey.

Maybe a crocodile-like "covers itself in mud so only eyes and claw-tips are visible, giving a +12 circumstance bonus on Hide checks" plus a racial bonus on Hide checks when on muddy seafloors. The latter assumes it's mud-coloured, which seems reasonable.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Let's keep it even numbers, so +4 and +10.

Essentially, that's the same as the crocodile, so...

*A yohoia gains a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks when in the water. Further, a yohoia can lie in the water with only its eyes and claws showing, gaining a +10 cover bonus on Hide checks.

Updated.

As an aside, I like these fellas, because I can search for "Yoho" to quickly find 'em in the Homebrews thread. A pirate's life for me! ;)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Ahoy, matey!

Weren't we going to give them gnaw to go with imp grab?

CR 2 in that case?

A ft-long lobster is what, 5 lb? That would make these around 1000 lb. Seem too heavy?

Remove ads