• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting True Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavinRay

Explorer
I'm willing to go as high as 6th (or even 7th) level SLAs at great wyrms. They shouldn't be on par with their metallic and chromatic counterparts. Time to check the SRD for this.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Brainstorming...

Wyrmling = dancing lights
Very Young = ghost sound
Young = obscuring mist
Juvenile = entangle
Young Adult = glitterdust
Adult = invisibility
Mature adult = speak with plants
Old = freedom of movement
Very Old = hallucinatory terrain
Ancient = charm monster
Wyrm = commune with nature
Great Wyrm = project image

Additional abilities by color...
Black = corrupt water (as black dragon)(very old?)
Blue = blink (adult?)
Brass = mirror image (adult?)
Bronze = fog cloud (ancient?)
Copper = stone shape (old?)
Gold = alternate form (as gold dragon)(wyrm?)
Green = plant growth (ancient?)
Red = haste (old?)
Silver = gaseous form (mature adult)
White = freezing fog (wyrm?)

Don Ventresca

First Post
I know your in the middle of converting a Dragon (I love what you've done)... But I've looked through what I think is all of your thread, and you haven't converted the Purple. I would really, greatly, appreciate it!!

Keep up the good work!!

I'll try to help as much with the conversion if you decide to do it...

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Is this a different purple than the one in Dragon Compendium?

Also, if you're looking for converted critters, they (eventually) end up here, if you didn't know.

Don Ventresca

First Post
Is this a different purple than the one in Dragon Compendium?

Also, if you're looking for converted critters, they (eventually) end up here, if you didn't know.

All I know is that I want the purple dragon that goes with the yellow, an the orange. And I know they go to the CC Website...

Shade

Monster Junkie
It's a bit confusing, but there are multiple versions of the purple, orange, yellow, and brown dragons.

The brown dragon in issue #38 is forest-dwelling, has a faerie fire breath weapon, an electricity breath weapon, and the ability to take the form of small animals.

The orange dragon in issue #38 has a color spray breath weapon and the chameleon-like ability to mimic a chromatic or metallic dragon.

The yellow dragon in issue #38 has blinding gas and disease cloud breath weapon and the is fond of illusions.

The purple, orange, and yellow dragons that appeared in issue #65 were updated in issue #248, eventually ending up in Dragon Compendium Vol. 1.

Gaumahavi, the "Greater Purple Dragon" from FRA 1-3 has nothing in common with other purple dragons save for its color. We've converted that one and added it to the CC.

The brown dragon that originally appeared in Old Empires and ended up in the Monstrous Manual differs from the Dragon Magazine versions. Its 3e stats are in Monsters of Faerun.

The yellow dragon that originally appeared in the 2e Draconomicon and ended up in the Monstrous Manual differs from the Dragon Magazine versions. We've converted it and added to the CC as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads