Converting True Dragons

Shade

Monster Junkie
Though minidragons have 60’ infravision, they are not usually nocturnal. When trying to frighten or warn off a creature, they are capable of emitting a very loud and piercing hiss. Minidragons are also able to spit harmless spittle at an opponent, perhaps for the purpose of frightening it

Racial bonus on Intimidate checks?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

For corrosive spit, Ex like an ankheg's spit acid ability, or Su like a dragon's breath weapon?

We can probably modify the following to include the symbol of pain effect Cleon described above, and damage to armor...

Spit Acid (Ex): 30-ft. line, once every 6 hours; damage 4d4 acid, Reflex DC 14 half. One such attack depletes the ankheg's acid supply for 6 hours. It cannot spit acid or deal acid damage during this time. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Cleon

Legend
Updated.

For corrosive spit, Ex like an ankheg's spit acid ability, or Su like a dragon's breath weapon?

We can probably modify the following to include the symbol of pain effect Cleon described above, and damage to armor...

Spit Acid (Ex): 30-ft. line, once every 6 hours; damage 4d4 acid, Reflex DC 14 half. One such attack depletes the ankheg's acid supply for 6 hours. It cannot spit acid or deal acid damage during this time. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Hmm, I think I'd prefer once every 1d4+1 rounds like standard dragon's breath weapon. The original beastie's four times per day is actually more frequent than a standard 1E dragon.

Rather than a line, I was thinking a 60 foot ranged touch attack.

As for the equipment damaging, we could just have some kind of reduce/ignore hardness rule.

Something like:

Spit Acid (Ex): Once every 1d4 rounds a minidragon can spit corrosive fluid as a 60 ft. ranged touch attack doing X acid damage. Any creature struck by this spittle must make a DC Y Will save or suffer excruciating agony for 1d4+2 round, during which they take a -4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks and ability checks. Furthermore, this acid dissolves wood, stone and metal as easily as it does flesh, ignoring the first Z points of hardness of any object it strikes. The save DC is Constitution-based.

4d4 acid damage, ignores the first 10 points of hardness?

Shade

Monster Junkie
That all sounds reasonable. If we're making it like a breath weapon in frequency, then I suggest Su like dragons' breath weapons.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Seems pretty good to me, although I prefer a Fort save to avoid the excruciating agony. Just seems like a physical effect to me.

Cleon

Legend
Seems pretty good to me, although I prefer a Fort save to avoid the excruciating agony. Just seems like a physical effect to me.

That makes sense.

For some reason I thought a symbol of pain used a Will save, but after looking it up it's Fort.

Remove ads