Converting True Dragons

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
3 each of Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and perhaps Swim?

Point Blank Shot, Weapon Finesse? If there's another feat we want, Weapon Finesse could be a bonus. And speaking of attack bonuses, I don't quite see where the +5 comes from for the bite. I get +2 size +3 BAB -1 Str unless we put in finesse.

Cleon

Legend
3 each of Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and perhaps Swim?

Swim makes sense, due to their similarity to Black Dragons.

Point Blank Shot, Weapon Finesse? If there's another feat we want, Weapon Finesse could be a bonus. And speaking of attack bonuses, I don't quite see where the +5 comes from for the bite. I get +2 size +3 BAB -1 Str unless we put in finesse.

I'd go Flyby Attack, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Finesse (B).

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Environment: Temperate or warm marshes?

Organization: Solitary or mated pair?

Challenge Rating: x

Treasure: x

Alignment: Usually neutral?

Advancement: x

freyar

Cleon's feat suggestions are good.

As for Shade's questions:
Sure, sure, CR 2, probably standard treasure, sure, 4-6 HD (Tiny) following the pseudodragon?

Going back to the original monster suggests that they sometimes bond with people, like the pseudodragon companions text in the MM. It might be good to add something like that and possibly also a caster level for Improved Familiar.

Shade

Monster Junkie
7th-level, like a pseudodragon, or higher?

Although they are slightly tougher, they lack the deadliness of the pseudo's venom.

freyar

I think the acid is pretty good, so let's go with CL 9. If we want to make it more comparable to the pseudodragon, we could add a racial bonus to the acid save, but I'm not sure it's required.

Remove ads