• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting...

What sources should I be converting monsters from?

• 1E books and supplements

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2E books and supplements

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 2E modules

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 2E issues of DRAGON

• Boxed sets

• 2E Monstrous Compendiums, Annuals, Monstrous Manual

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Oriental Adventures/Kara-Tur

• Mystara/OD&D

• Greyhawk

• Planescape

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Forgotten Realms

• Spelljammer/Dark Sun

• Al-Qadim/Maztica/Horde

Gez

First Post
Krishnath said:
Give me the 2ed stats, and I'll take a look at it.

Found it mentionned reading the 2e deity guides: Faiths & Avatars, Demihuman Deities, Powers & Pantheons.

All I know is that it's neutral, has druidic magic (rather than sorcerous or psionic), and is an ally of forest gnomes and wood elves.

I was in a Monster Compendium Annual, or so an old search told me, but I havn't found the stats. I would have converted it myself otherwise.

And then posted it here and asked Boz if it could be added to the CC.

*Man, I smell the triple post coming, but this is all stalled, trying a last time*

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
planescape seems the most popular choice; ergo the planescape thread i started yesterday. ;) following that will be one to start cleaning up on the Monstrous Compendium series...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Hmm… wondering what to start next. ;)

Looks like a tie between 2E Dragon mag monsters, monsters from Boxed Sets, Oriental Adventures, Mystara, Greyhawk, and Al-Qadim/Horde/Maztica…

Such a tough choice, but maybe another vote or two in the right direction might sway me… ;)

Regardless, I’ve been talking about a Mystara/OD&D thread anyway, so I’ll do that. But what else, hmm… :)

Remove ads