Cookin again

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
@CleverNickName ... you didn't make the puff pastry?!? Fail /jk

No, seriously, that's impressive. I once helped my Dad do a Beef Wellington many years ago (minus the foie gras) and it was an ordeal. But the results are impressive.
Ha! I know you're joking but I almost had to. I went to three different grocery stores (during a winter storm, at that) before I found frozen puff pastry. I had the extra butter and flour in my cart and everything.

It takes hours and I'm not terribly good at it, but I can manage. It's definitely something I try to avoid.

Zardnaar

Legend
So camping again this year. Went to a small town (900 ppl approx) Cafe. Coffee was good, eggs Benedict was OK pies were amazing

Pie options.

20240118_094247.jpg

20240118_093909.jpg

Warmer right near the counter.

IMG-0d63f8461dfb32e283998f831a9b3bbf-V.jpg

Steak and cheese (NZs most popular Pie maybemince and cheese).

Local bakery just bought a filled roll and a cream bun. Filled rolls are bottom picture.

20240120_102640.jpg

20240120_102646.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Did a wine braised pork shoulder that I served with oven-roasted cauliflower.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
No
I made meatloaf last night based on https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16354/easy-meatloaf/ but instead of breadcrumbs i used stove top stuffing savory herbs flavor. The topping is brown sugar mixed with ketchup due to not having the mustard.

View attachment 345407
Nice!

The last few times I’ve made meatloaf, I’ve been using an enhanced commercial tomato pasta sauce. My sauces of choice lately have all been made by Dave’s Gourmet, with extra herbs & seasonings- like oregano, chives, onions, etc.- added.

Besides breadcrumbs, I’ve also used things like panko (if my meat is already heavily seasoned) or crumbled Ritz, Town House or other buttery crackers.

Jahydin

Hero
My new favorite for dressing/dipping, Comeback Sauce:

1 Tbsp. Grated White Onion (Fresh onion ran over the large holes of a cheese grater)
1 Cup Mayo
3 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp. Chili Sauce (Siracha or Heinz is a popular choice)
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp. Dried Mustard
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper

Last edited:

Remove ads