<Cool Name Goes Here>: Community Input, Pro Designed

Endroren

Adventurer
Publisher
Congrats! I've been hoping from the beginning you'd get Robin on board!
Yeah, same here! :) And now, as of today, we've already unlocked the next stretch goals (the Compatibility Logo)
3ed3778c8069cfe3b7f8014ac88dd071_original.png

which means next up is adding the final member of our dream team, Kenneth Hite!
85768ce980e94bbc59d5adce67dc2889_original.png

Okay, that was easily the most dramatic Kickstarter I've ever seen!

We were ending $500 short of a major stretch goal, and some magnificent bastard(s) drop $1000 on it literally in the last minute!

Keovar

AKA Thanatos from NKL/NTL days.
Excellent advice and I totally agree!

coolnamerpg.com is the site name we've been using when we talk about it, but that name is for the project of building the system. When all is said and done, odds are there will be a community owned site for the final system.

AND choosing that name is part of what we're going to work with the community on. The community will own this when we're done with it, and we think they should help name it. So yes, that sort of advice is definitely what people should consider when they're helping to choose a name.
Worlds of Wonder
Age/Aeon of Arcana
Or maybe name the system in such a way that it implies and encourages setting expansion, similar to GURPS or Savage Worlds.
Maybe the base is the ‘Multiverse System’ or ‘Multiversal RPG’.
If characters are meant to be demigods like Perseus, it’s Mythic Multiverse. A version with normal humans investigating paranormal or fringe science phenomena could be Mysterious Multiverse. Mystic Multiverse could be a setting in which people play warrior monks, philosophical sword saints, etc. Miniature Multiverse could involve what the little figures get up to when they’re put into a cupboard overnight.

Not every mechanic fits every setting, so while ‘sanity’ fits a game about mental stress humanity was not meant to know, things like that could be modular bits that may or may not apply to any given setting, while the core mechanic is relatively constant.

Remove ads