• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Copperheads: Betrayal and Strange Runes and Burning Dead, oh my (short update 02/12)

Lela

First Post
Two posts in one day, wow.

And now I'm over at "In Hextor's Name" catching up there.

I couldn't be happier.

Lela

First Post
Horacio said:

I think Arwink is soon going to join the "evil cliffhanger writers2 club...

Similar too, but not the same as, the RBDM club.

May I assume Dr Midnight will be the founder?

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Dungannon said:
Okay, I think it's high time this group played again so we can get an UPDATE!

Sadly, we could not play for three moths and I'd still have enough material to keep updating. I'm really, really far behind at this point.

So, err, an updates coming. Sometime in the near future. I could give reasons why it's been so long, but they're not really interesting to anyone. Check again in a day or two :)

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Yep, it's time for an update. I shouldn't, because I don't have the time, but to paraphrase the simpsons "All thesis and no game make Arwink something something."

Thursday, August 24th, 508 AF, continued

The mayor is quick to take Geoffrey's hand, his face breaking out into a wide smile as he does so.

"Greetings, Sir, greetings. It is a pleasure to make your aquaintance. I'm Hob Waterman and this..."
He points to the lean, grim-faced man beside him, who nods slightly in greeting.
"...this is Luscius Kreckett, the owner of the Kreckett mine and foundary. It is a pleasure to see a noble priest like yourself in town with such adept...er..."

Hob notices Geoffrey's companions for the first time. He swallows visibly at the site of Blarth, standing with cross armed and an ugly expression on his face. The Mayor almost goes pale when hs spots Yip.

"Er...is that a kobold?" he whispers quietly.
"Certainly," Geoffrey says smoothly. "My order is rehabilitating them, turning them into useful members of society."
"Of course, of course," Hob stutters, "How foolish of me. You're an ocolyte of St Cuthbert. You wouldn't bring anything dangerous into Bellhold."
"Of course not," Geoffrey says. "Yip wouldn't hurt a fly unless it was in the name of Justice."
"Of course not, of course not." He swallows loudly. Color starts coming back to Hob's face, but he's still slightly more nervous than he once was. Luscius, by his side, remains calm. Hob glances once at the taller man, and the mine owner gives him a nod of encouragement.

"They're in town for the Bell, Hob," he says tiredly. "The church warned us the guards they'd hired for the trip back to Hommlet were a little...unusual."
"Yes, of course," Hob says. He turns back to Geoffrey. "So you were offering to help?"

"Of course," Goeffrey says. "We met Othic yesterday, broke bread with him at supper. It pains us all that he's dead, and my faith demands justice against his slayers regardless of my personal feelings. We'd be happy to assist your guards..."

Luscius cuts him off. "Our guard is understaffed at present. They have trouble enough keeping the peace with tempers running so high at present."

Blarth mutters "Puny guards" loud enough for the party to hear. Geoffrey turns to scowl at the half-orc while Halgo stomps on his toes to shut him up.
"So you'd be happy for us to take matters into our own hands?" Halgo asks quickly, eager to move the conversation away from the half-orcs gaff.
"Certainly," Hob says eagerly. "Surely adventurers such as yourself, with a Justicar like Ocolyte Cromwell, have resources far beyond the guards in such lean times. May you bring the killers to justice quickly."

"Of course," Geoffrey says. "Now, if you'd be willing to tell us a little more about your town and its history, to help with our investigations..."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads