Core change to LEW

Manzanita

First Post
Perhaps the initial post should be edited. I like RA's idea of an increasing DM credit expenditure for each additional PC. Though, like bodyknocks, I think a one -time expenditure is sufficient.

B4cchus

Explorer
I can see why people would like to add more characters. I also think the idea of charging said number of DM credits for adding characters is fine.
Still, I think a new limit should be set (say 6 PC's?).

Regarding the PC as cohorts: i also likde this idea. To this proposal i would like to add the restriction that you can't spend DM credits to give a cohort xp (since that would break the xp and level limits).

Bront

The man with the probe
If you have enough credits to pay 23 for your 24th character, why not? You're obviously running a ton of stuff then too.

As for spending GM credits, the level cap is just a flat cap, so cohorts can't supas it even if they end up with more XP. But since there are rules for spending credits on other players, I don't see the harm in credits being spent on your cohort.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
If you have enough credits to pay 23 for your 24th character, why not? You're obviously running a ton of stuff then too.

As for spending GM credits, the level cap is just a flat cap, so cohorts can't supas it even if they end up with more XP. But since there are rules for spending credits on other players, I don't see the harm in credits being spent on your cohort.
Don't forget that if you pay 24 for your 24th character, you'll have paid a total of over 300 GM credits on new characters. That's the equivalent of almost 30 years of GMing if you GM one game at once. It would also be more than enough to instantly level two characters from 1 to 9 without even adventuring. We're never going to see those levels of credits, so we don't need to worry about it.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Don't forget that if you pay 24 for your 24th character, you'll have paid a total of over 300 GM credits on new characters. That's the equivalent of almost 30 years of GMing if you GM one game at once. It would also be more than enough to instantly level two characters from 1 to 9 without even adventuring. We're never going to see those levels of credits, so we don't need to worry about it.
Exactly :)

And if we do, said person is welcome to it ;)

Remove ads