• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Core Handbook Errors Discussion

Sashi

First Post
Rechan said:
Page 159.

Cloud of Daggers:
Area 1 square within 10 squares.

I've never seen any other spell only effect 1 square. I think this is supposed to be 'Area Burst 1'.

Looks perfectly fine to me. You zap someone with force daggers, and then fill the area they were in with shards of force that make people think twice about moving through the square. If You filled a Burst 1 zone with shards that would be pretty overpowered for an At-Will power.

MindWanderer

First Post
Sashi said:
Looks perfectly fine to me. You zap someone with force daggers, and then fill the area they were in with shards of force that make people think twice about moving through the square. If You filled a Burst 1 zone with shards that would be pretty overpowered for an At-Will power.
It can also be useful under some specific conditions, such as hitting an invisible target or against swarms.

Imban

First Post
Sashi said:
To be more constructive: the Banshrae's writeup implies that they have no mouth, or at least that they can't produce a strong enough breath to drive wind instruments ... but the DartSwarmer uses a blowgun? Huh?

The dudes had pretty much the same situation in 3.5e, only their blowguns were also flutes in 3.5e and they could play the flutes without a mouth due to a dark pact they had made.

Without those details, though, and since they explicitly don't have the ability to play wind instruments any more, banshrae are all sorts of goofy.

silentounce

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
i found an error. Scale mail Does not have a armor check penalty, and it has more armor then then chain that has a 1 armor check penalty.

It seems pretty fishy. I don't know if it would have 1 armor check penalty or 2, considering plate has 2. I think considering hide armor has 1 armor check penalty that scale would have some. It just lits it as "-"

Do i win something for finding the first possible typo?

headdesk

Last edited:

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Charwoman Gene said:
I saw a whitewolf style page XX error.

There are several of those scattered throughout the books it seems. (Not so much in the MM, but definitely in the PHB and DMG.)

pogminky

First Post
There are several of those scattered throughout the books it seems

That's pretty depressing. Not a major problem in itself, but if the flagship core has such errors it bodes ill for future releases.

I hope I'm wrong.

trimeta

First Post
Slightly confusing property of the Surprised condition: In the section on Surprise rounds, it states that those who do not get to act are Surprised and cannot even take a free action. However, in the conditions table, it describes the Surprised condition as "Cannot take any actions, other than free actions," which would imply that you *can* take free actions during a Surprise round if you are surprised. It seems to me that the Surprise condition is so described on the table to differentiate it from Stunned (which does not allow for free actions), but still, this should be looked into.

DNH

First Post
Keywords

I am not so much concerned by typoes but any system that makes such extensive use of keywords is asking for trouble. Their team of editors, sub-editors and proofreaders will have had to be very much on the ball (and evidence from KotS suggests they are not!) to ensure that any and all appropriate keywords are there. That is, not just to spot extraneous ones that are included by mistake but also to add in ones that have been omitted for some reason.

I expect we shall see an errata document by the end of June.

DNH
"Lost in Karameikos"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads