• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Core Handbook Errors Discussion

malraux

First Post
Zaister said:
I thought Burst X means an area of X by X squares... so waht is the difference between "burst 1" and "1 square"?
Nope. a burst 1 is all squares within 1 square of the target square. So its a 3x3 square.

MindWanderer

First Post
Zaister said:
I thought Burst X means an area of X by X squares... so waht is the difference between "burst 1" and "1 square"?
You're thinking Blast. Take a look at the PrRC for diagrams. Basically, the number is the radius for Bursts but the diameter for Blasts.

Spatula

Explorer
They really should have renamed either burst or blast... or at least made the number following the term mean the same thing for both. Is it a radius? Is it the diameter? Which is which? Much needless confusion.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Darth Cyric said:
The Ranger power Blade Ward (Lv. 23 Encounter, IIRC, I'm not where I can access it right now) is missing a number behind the [W] for damage.

ouch, thats a pretty bad typo. For 23, i doubt it would be 1[w] with a single attack.... sigh

Kordeth

First Post
Belphanior said:
The ability for wizards to extend spell durations with an orb... actually doesn't do anything.

It states that you could enhance a duration from "ends at the end of your turn" into "ends at the end of your next turn". This only works on at-will wizard powers and mentions both Ray of Frost and Cloud of Daggers as examples.

Problem: they're both already "ends at the end of your next turn".

The ability works just fine. It goes like this:

Round 1: Wizard casts cloud of daggers. It will end at the end of his next turn.

Round 2: Cloud of daggers will now end at the end of the wizard's turn. Wizard uses his orb ability. Now cloud of daggers ends at the end of his next turn.

Round 3: At the end of the wizard's turn, cloud of daggers ends.

Boarstorm

First Post
Found one.

The text of the warlock multiclassing feat (Pact Initiate) says that the PC gains an at-will power based on his pact of choice (fey, infernal, star) as an encounter power.

The table on the next page merely says he gets eldritch blast 1/encounter (no choice mentioned).

So can my planned rogue/'lock multiclass get eyebite or not? :)

Boarstorm said:
Found one.

The text of the warlock multiclassing feat (Pact Initiate) says that the PC gains an at-will power based on his pact of choice (fey, infernal, star) as an encounter power.

The table on the next page merely says he gets eldritch blast 1/encounter (no choice mentioned).

So can my planned rogue/'lock multiclass get eyebite or not? :)

Oof. I think that's a throwback to prior playtest drafts, where the feat gave eldritch blast. But I'm pretty sure the text is correct. (Also, at least in 3E, text always trumped table, except where errata stated otherwise. Dunno if that's still the case in general, but I'm pretty sure it's the case here.)

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
Mouseferatu said:
Oof. I think that's a throwback to prior playtest drafts, where the feat gave eldritch blast. But I'm pretty sure the text is correct. (Also, at least in 3E, text always trumped table, except where errata stated otherwise. Dunno if that's still the case in general, but I'm pretty sure it's the case here.)
Yep, looks like we missed this one in our list of issues a couple months ago. We caught all the other table/text variations in the standard feat section but must have missed the multiclass table. I even saw this one and forgot to mention it when asked about problems. Looks like everyone can blame me for this. Damn.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads