Core Rules Only

Would you play in a Core Rules Only D&D game?

Spatula

Explorer
You're getting a bit hung up on the specific trappings of the different classes, imo, but IcyCool already made the arguement so I won't make it again.

Rystil Arden said:
No, my example is that you can't play a psion who abjures all musty books and scrolls (couldn't use them even if she wanted to--her power comes completely from within) and prefers working with the mental power within, who doesn't carry around bat droppings and who doesn't make crazy gestures or chant words to cast his spells. Not without adding class features. You also can't play a shaman who is in tune with the spirit world and has a spirit guide with the core rules (without adding class features) or a demonologist whose magic is based around making pacts with summoned demons for long term service in exchange for vile acts from day one with the rules. It is very easy to make these characters with a little houseruling or extra supplements.

RFisher

Explorer
Quasqueton said:
Assuming the DM was of acceptable skill
(o_O) If the DM wasn't of "acceptable skill", shouldn't I insist on sticking to core?

I'm likely to stick pretty close to core no matter what the DM or other players do.

Remove ads