CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Rappy

First Post
I usually don't do double posts, but I figured this one was important enough to bump the thread, since it is big news for the Coreline setting.

Looking back at my early Internet history, I made a lot of mistakes. I lied to myself and tried to pretend to be what I wasn't because of whatever attitude I felt was "popular" at the time, a mistake I found most egregious after I met people around mid to late 2007 that helped me realize that friendship was more important than fame. Similarly, looking back at my early d20 work, I find it painful. I want to have people say "Rappy learns from her mistakes", not "oh, that Rappy, she's still putting elite stat arrays on NPCs with Ordinary class levels". I see errors, things I would have done differently, way too many things that should really have credit where credit's due, and overall...eh.

So I put all of the writings I'd done for Coreline into the paper shredder and started plucking out and adding to what I felt was salvageable and throwing out or rewriting what didn't. In shorter terms, the old stuff I've written for Coreline is fairly unusable in my mind. Don't worry, though, nobody has to go around and frantically reorganize stuff. I plan on cleaning up after this mistake.

I don't know how long it will take, but I plan on collecting both rewritten versions of all of those Coreline Gazzette articles, plus more recent ones and those written by people other than myself, into a single PDF document that will hopefully be a major resource for the campaign setting when it's done. So...here's hoping, right?

EDIT: Working on North America right now, since I'm a busy little bee. Ugh....I'm gonna have to scrap the Star Wars Fictions and work on d20 Future conventions, it looks like, since Wizards of the Coast apparently trash binned the old d20 Modern Star Wars thread and I don't have a copy of the PDF. Ah well, that's what d20 Future's for, after all.

Last edited:

Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth again, but I had a bad stomach virus over the past week that limited my time around here. Note this post is a work in progress until otherwise noted. Also, after this one, want me to elaborate on Houston, Texas? Looking at what I had printed out on Coreline way back when, it was left blank (as far as I know), so I could tie it in with what I did with Galveston if you wish.

I've had a lot of bad things happening to me lately (sleep deprivation and a 'quiebrahuesos' ( 'Bone Breaker' ) flu being the latter)-and also somewhat of a writer's block. Yeah, sure, you can take Houston. You certainly would make more for it that I ever would think of.

As for me, I had a few ideas for the Sol System. One was a WH40K Hive City located on Mercury, rolling around its equator on gigantic tank threads (think 'Mortal Engines' or Nomad City on Nkllon (that would be on the Star Wars galaxy-owned by Lando Calrissian)), and other cities on Mercury being either underground, protected by extremely powerful atmospheric shields or in orbit.

The other one was New Krypton, located in a parallel orbit to Earth on the other side of the Sun. I haven't thought much about the politics there, but one thing is for sure-the UNSC's not going to take violence TO New Krypton
or violence FROM New Krypton (especially FROM-Zod's the leader of their armed forces).

The third idea was another WH40K Hive City, but I have no idea of where to add it (either on Mars or Venus).

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
As for me, I had a few ideas for the Sol System. One was a WH40K Hive City located on Mercury, rolling around its equator on gigantic tank threads (think 'Mortal Engines' or Nomad City on Nkllon (that would be on the Star Wars galaxy-owned by Lando Calrissian)), and other cities on Mercury being either underground, protected by extremely powerful atmospheric shields or in orbit.

The other one was New Krypton, located in a parallel orbit to Earth on the other side of the Sun. I haven't thought much about the politics there, but one thing is for sure-the UNSC's not going to take violence TO New Krypton
or violence FROM New Krypton (especially FROM-Zod's the leader of their armed forces).

The third idea was another WH40K Hive City, but I have no idea of where to add it (either on Mars or Venus).

......I for one approve of these ideas. New Krypton, however....I feel particularly strongly that Reptilon, to say nothing of the Dinosaucers, does *not* require their own interplanetary war to get involved in...as you can see...besides which,
sol amarillo,maybe? Curbstomp, perhaps? *dopeslaps marco*....tonto completo.....*shakehead*.

Si.

....Ahem......:uhoh:......Putting it in

Northern Venus, specifically,
will certainly distract this guy from his plotting and scheming, yes?

A propósito, no creí que pedí su opinon.

Que?

Estoy apesadumbrado. Es atrasado y soy cansado. Discutiremos esto más adelante. Dé mis recuerdos al corazón blando… y a su marido.

Si. Buenos noches.

Y a usted....Amigo.

Last edited:

Rappy

First Post
I'm all locale'd out with the retcons and refreshing rewrites for the Coreline Gazette Compilation, so Houston will have to wait for now. For fairness, however, I did decide to do a small fluff update with the...spirit of the season...in mind.

Fool's Festivities
April 1 is a holiday of almost religious significance to comedy Fictions, with Toon communities engaging in wild revelries so massive they often engulf surrounding areas with mayhem. The only problem is that many Toon Fictions don't seem to realize that what they find amusing can be downright murderous to Reals (and more realistic Fictions, at that); indeed, Reals are discourged, if not outright prohibited, from engaging in April Fool's celebrations in Toon cities. Nevertheless, there are enough cases of (ill-advised) Real interaction with these celebrations to gather up a relatively accurate picture of the festivities. A ceremonial lighting of a gigantic inflatable time bomb at the break of dawn starts off the celebration, its clock steadily (and some would say unnervingly) ticking toward midnight. Activities are spread between games such as anvil-tossing contests and the lookalike contest (most popular with shapeshifters and caricature Toons, who almost invariably win) and general revelry; in rare cases, these may interjected with the appearance of a "celebrity" Toon such as Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse (although these are nearly always merely Alternates). Finally, as the day of madness ends, the participants all gather around the great bomb, watching as its final seconds tick downward, leading to an explosion of confetti and ink that showers everything within a mile radius.

I just love the idea. It is looney and cool, like Toons are.

I think it is even noisier in places like Toontown (located near San Francisco, California-L.A. is taken and is just not that compatible to have it anymore), and the Kingdom of Orlando (I still have to work on it, but in a rough draft, just think 'Kingdom Hearts' with automatic weapons. And it is an irony that currently Disney owns Marvel Comics...).

Rappy

First Post
Well, the first of the hopeful series of Coreline Gazetteers should be completed by tonight and sent to Marco for approval.

Covering most of the Coreline Gazette's North American articles from its earliest history to Marco's recent Smallville article, it adds new information, retcons some of my earlier meh articles on the continent, and has four brand new, never-before seen coreline articles. Those being...

Bow Before Emperor Joe!: What happens when a militaristic emperor takes over most of east Texas?

Musings of the Mouse King: The Kingdom of Orlando has it rough; Heartless to the north, dragons to the south, and who knows what else possibly appearing from the west and east. So what's a lone king of the Toons to do?

Monsters of Metal: The ZoidZone of Phoenix, Arizona, gets detailed.

Slime and Sacrifice: The depths of the Great Yucatan Marsh are filled with strange tales and even stranger truths.

EDIT: Axe that a bit. I don't have the time for Slime and Sacrifice and Monsters of Metal, so they'll be coming in this thread later, and added to the Gazetteer once I've gotten to the rest of the continents plus extra planets.

Last edited:

Rappy

First Post
Wait, it is? Damn, I thought I'd converted it to PDF.

EDIT: Here is the proper PDF link for more accessibility. Revise your links as applicable.

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
Wait, it is? Damn, I thought I'd converted it to PDF.

EDIT: Here is the proper PDF link for more accessibility. Revise your links as applicable.

Seen it. This is indeed cool, so far, but the 'Bowser' entry reminds me of some....goings on down West, not too long ago......:hmm: Some sort of picket lines, no doubt - 'quiet, peaceful, serene' it is no longer.

Last edited:

Rappy

First Post
Hey, Marco, I managed to get my Wizards of the Coast account working again, so I can manage to return to double-posting stuff here and there now. Well...when I work on new stuff, that is. Right now I'm moving on to the Coreline Gazetteer for Eurasia.

EDIT: Also, since without some new blood there would be five or six articles at best on Europe and Asia combined, I plan on having brand new articles for:
Paris, France
Bordeaux, France
Venice, Italy
Drumnadrochit, Scotland
Karakura Prefecture, Japan (new Fiction location from the Bleach-verse)
A general overview of Russia

Any additions or requests you have for these new locales should be placed now, because I'd hate to do something wrong and have to go back and redo these so soon.

Last edited:

Remove ads