• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Rappy

First Post
While my projects are sort of slowed down and I'm not sure when they'll get done now that my life is getting a bit hectic again, I'm up for statting some monsters for this thread. Any undone kaiju or B-movie monsters you'd like to see more than others, Marco?

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
Well... I always liked the giant ants from 'Them!'. Kaiyu-like... dunno... Mothra, maybe?

"There has been....talk, recently of this....bizzare group of four Nipponese. One male, red eyes, greyish hair, but looks about 30 or so for all of it. The three girls.....well, any basic research can dig up the name 'Miki Saegusa' on one of them.....as for the other two, green eyes and black hair isn't so odd but blue eyes and hair that looks as if it got dipped in a damm woodblock print? I call sleeves on both of them, thank you very much....and customised too."

'Sleeves'... Eclipse Phase, huh? Good RPG. I have a PDF version and am trying *hard* to get a hardcopy.

That-and Cthulhutech- are ideas I would like to add here. Well, not everything. But what do you think, trying to have the Mi'Go as a playable race?

Rappy

First Post
Now that I think about it, are there any real differences between the ants in Them! and "normal" giant ants? If not, I'll move straight to Mothra.

Now that I think about it, are there any real differences between the ants in Them! and "normal" giant ants? If not, I'll move straight to Mothra.

Them - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia!

I think that the ants from 'Them!' are the prototypical 'giant ants', Fiction-wise. Things that they might have differet from 'other' giant ants are this:

1) Sonic attack (screech) to stun enemies.
2) Hefty armor (as in, you need to unload on them like a '50's movie 'soldier' to take them out).
3) Spit acid.
4) Atomic aura (mild).

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
:D
'Sleeves'... Eclipse Phase, huh? Good RPG. I have a PDF version and am trying *hard* to get a hardcopy.

That-and Cthulhutech- are ideas I would like to add here. Well, not everything. But what do you think, trying to have the Mi'Go as a playable race?

Ah....rebels/racial seditionist types, a la Wraiths/Cylons, correct? That could certainly work.....to an extent, obviously.

Gurathnaka:D.....however, was just another victim......due to his not showing up anywhere around.

Last edited:

Rappy

First Post
Alright then, I'll work on Them! when I have some free time. Yesterday and today are kind of more busy than usual, though.

EDIT: Had some time free, so before I go, here you go.

Rad-Ant
Universe of Origin: Them!
Creature Distinction: Natural (other) mega-invertebrate.
Threat Level: 6

While most Coreliners already know that "big bugs are bad", as it were, the supercharged "rad-ants" bring a whole new level of terror to the table. These goliath vermin breed fast, strike hard, and are best dealt with by a liberal application of "kill it with fire". Rad-ant colonies have sprung up across the American Southwest, but have so far been unable to (or unwilling to, for some arcane reason) expand beyond RadGoo-heavy regions. A rad-ant colony has a queen just as regular ants do; she uses the stats of a rad-ant with fully-advanced hit dice, and replaces her burrow speed with a fly speed of 60 ft. (Poor).

Species Traits
Lob Acid (Ex):
One every 1d4 rounds, a rad-ant can produce a 10-foot line of acidic compound from its mandibles, dealing 2d6 points of acid damage. A character may make a Reflex save (DC 16) to half the damage.

Radioactive Aura (Su): A result of their strange creation, lingering radiation clings to the body of rad-ants. The area within a 10-foot radius of a rad-ant is considered moderately irradiated, while the area between an 11- and 15-foot radius is considered lightly irradiated.

Ressistance to Massive Damage (Ex): Rad-ants are even hardier than most vermin, and gain a +8 species bonus on Fortitude saves to negate the effects of massive damage.

Stunning Clamor (Ex): One every 1d6 rounds, a rad-ant can release a shrill, piercing "laughter"-like shriek that overloads the ears and minds of those that hear it. Any creature within a 30-foot radius must make a Will save (DC 16) or be stunned for 2d4 rounds.

Rad-Ant: CR 8; Huge Vermin; HD 12d8+48; HP 102; Mas 18; Init +0; Spd 40 ft., burrow 20 ft.; Defense 16, touch 8, flat-footed 16 (-2 size, +8 natural); BAB +9; Grap +24; Atk +14 melee (2d8+7 plus 1d6 acid, bite); Full Atk +14 melee (2d8+7 plus 1d6 acid, bite); FS 15 ft. by 15 ft.; Reach 10 ft.; SQ Damage reduction 15/fire, darkvision 60 ft., lob acid, radioactive aura, resistance to massive damage, stunning clamor; AL none; Fort +12, Ref +4, Will +5; AP 0; Rep +0; Str 24, Dex 10, Con 18, Int 0, Wis 13, Cha 10.
Skills: Climb +17, Listen +7, Spot +7, Survival +6, Swim +10.
Feats: None.
Advancement: 13-18 HD (Huge).

Last edited:

Remove ads