Cosmology Timeline?

Tony Vargas

Legend
Who are the Quoum and what sources do they show up in?
The Quoum are in Plane Above. I'm not sure how similar it is. The Living Gate wasn't a god and the Shardminds are literally physical pieces of it, and they would have to re-assemble themselves into the living gate, something they are not at all unified in wanting to do nor in how to do it. The Quoum's God/Domain, Lakal, was destroyed in the Dawn War, and they are, as one, ruthlessly scouring the multiverse for the last, infinitesimal, undetectable-to-non-Quoum, pieces of her (the big pieces are their ships) that can be anywhere and part of anything, including bits of living beings that the Quom unhesitatingly excise, fatally if need be, with the fanatically-committed intent of bringing her back.

I tweaked the Quoum slightly for my current campaign, establishing that there are a small number of secretive 'Disparates' who dissent from the mission of restoring Lakal, believing Her sacrifice noble.

Shardminds are a psionic race from PH3 right? I've got 1 and 2 but not 3.

Who are the Quoum and what sources do they show up in?

The Plane Above: Secrets of the Astral Sea. They're one of the plethora of "this race are your enemies." They seek out pretty much any powerful source of magic to use to resurrect their god, Lakal. I guess there's some nuance there, good goal, bad means, etc.

Shardminds aren't specifically 'psionic' any more than any other race, but their racial existence is related to the Far Realm, which is generally associated with psionics (though how is open to interpretation, there are several answers presented in different places).

The thing with the shardminds is, they all want to bring the gate back, but they don't agree about HOW to do it.

Last edited:

Remove ads