• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Could use your help

Cevalic

First Post
I'm currently trying to buy my girlfriend an engagement ring. I've been working two jobs, but I just cant seem to save any money, especially since one of my jobs varies in hours each week and lately I havent been getting over 30 hours. To make up I'm thinking of selling my DnD stuff. I'm not sure how to go about it though. Based on my list below, do you think I should sell it individually on ebay or as one big set or break it up? Or would I be better off trying to sell it on the forums we have? Whats the best way to sell these is what Im trying to ask.

I still have a bunch of RPG's (Hackmaster and GURPS) that I wont be selling. I'm still not sure about selling my planescape things, but Ill decide on that when I have a better idea what to do.

I know I probably wont make that much from this, but every little bit helps. Especially when it comes to getting her the ring. Thats the most important thing to me right now. Thanks to any for advice in advance.

Alternity

Players Handbook
Gamesmasters Guide
Darkmatter Campaign Setting
StarDrive Campaign Setting
Tangents
Outbound: The Explorers Guide
Threats from Beyond
Planet of Darkness
Black Starfall
The Lighthouse
Dataware
StarDrive Alien Compendium
Star Drive Arms and Equipment Guide

Dragonlance Saga Rules Edition 5th Age

The Fifth Age Saga Rule System
The Sylvan Veil
Rise of the Titans
Heroes of Defiance
Heroes of Sorcery
Heroes of Hope
Heroes of Steel
The Bestiary
Wings of Fury
Citadel of Light
The Last Tower: Legacy of Raistlin
Palanthas: Dramatic Supplement

AD&D 1st Edition

Monster Manual by Gygax

AD&D 2nd Edition
The Players Handbook
The Dungeon Master Guide
Monstrous ManualThe Players Handbook
The Dungeon Master Guide
Monstrous Manual
The Complete Ninjas Handbook
The Complete Pscionics Handbook
The Complete Bards Handbook
The Ilithiad
Players Option: Combat and Tactic
Dungeon Master Option: High Level Campaign
Players Option: Spells and Magic
Campaign Option: Council of Wyrms

Dragonlance 2e

Dwarven Kingdoms of Krynn Boxed Set

Planescape

In the Cage: A Guide to Sigil
Faces of Evil: The Fiends
The Factols Manifesto
Dead Gods
The Great Mondron March
Faction War
The Planewalkers Handbook
Uncaged: Faces of Sigil
Harbringer House
A Guide to the Etheral Plane
A Guide to the Astral Plane
Doors to the Unknown
Fires of Dis
The Eternal Boundry
Monster Compendium 1
Planes of Chaos
Planes of Law
Planescape Boxed set (minus players guide, I cant find)

Greyhawk

Return to the Keep on the Borderlands
Return to White Plume Mountain
Against the Giants (Return to Remake)
Greyhawk Players Guide
The Adventure Begins
Greyhawk Adventures
Slavers
The Scarlet Brotherhood

Ravenloft

Forged of Darkness
Domains of Dread
Vecna Reborn

Forgotten Realms

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting Boxed Set Boxed Set
The Ruins of the Undermountain 2 Boxed Set
Cult of the Dragon
The City of Ravens Bluff
Villans Lorebook
Sword of the Dales (adventure)

Adventures

Return to the Tomb of Horrors
Axe of the Dwarfish Lords
The Rod of Seven Parts
The Apocalypse Stone
The Lost Shrine of Bundushatus
Wizards Challenge 2
Clerics Challenge 2

Supplements

Chronomancer
College of Wizardry
Country Sites

D&D 3rd Edition
Players Handbook
Dungeon Master Guide
Monster Manual
Players Handbook 3.5
Dungon Master Guide 3.5
Monster Manual 3.5
Monster Manual 2
Monster Manual 3
Monster Manual 4
Fiend Folio
Players Handbook 2
Dungeon Masters Guide 2
Unearthed Arcana
Epic Level Handbook
Deities and Demigods
Manual of the Planes
Pscionics Handbook
Expanded Pscionics Handbook
Defenders of the Faith
Sword and Fist
Song and Silence
Masters of the Wild
Tome and Blood
The Book of Vile Darkness
Lord of the Iron Fortress
Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Oriental Adventures
Rokugan

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3e
Races of Faerun
Magic of Faerun
Faith and Pantheons
Monsters of Faerun
Silver Marches
Lords of Darkness

Eberron Campaign Setting
Shadows of the Last War
Races of Eberron
Secrets of Xen’drik
Sharn the City of Towers

Wheel of Time Roleplaying Game

Ravenloft Secrets of the Dread Realms

Mongoose Publishing
Conan the Roleplaying Game
The Road of Kings
The Scrolls of Skelos
The Quintessential Cleric
The Quintessential Fighter
The Quintessential Monk
The Quintessential Rogue
The Quintessential Wizard
The Quintessential Dwarf

Legends and Lairs
Seafarers Handbook
Mythic Races
Traps and Treachery

Kingdoms of Kalamar Campaign Setting
Iron Heroes
Iron Heroes Bestiary
The Book of Hallowed Might
The Book of Eldritch Might 1 and 2
The Encyclopedia of Demons and Devils
Deadlands d20 campaign setting
Dungeons by AEG

Sword and Sorcery
Creature Collection 1
Creature Collection 2
Creature Collection 3
Relics and Rituals
Hollowfaust
The Wise and the Wicked
Mithril City of the Golem
Scarred Lands Ghelspad Gazetteer

63 Magazines (Earliest is 230)
30 Dungeon Magazines

Scribble

First Post
First, congrats on the future purchase... You must really love her, if you're willing to sell your game stuff!!! :p

Second, maybe you're the type that doesn't like to take credit, but most places seem to offer payment plans for that stuff... I just got one for my girlferiend (haven't asked her yet though so shhhhhhh) and put it on a payment plan with the store...

Bayushi Seikuro

First Post
That's tough to say if you'd be better off to parcel it out for sale, or try to sell it as bundles.

If you're going to ebay as bundles, the obvious guess would be: bundle each seperate; ie: 3e, FR stuff, etc.

I'm lucky that I have McKay's near here in Knoxville, catering to the po' student crowd. I've dumped off a lot of gaming books lately, and oddly enough, I think I know all of their new owners.

And good luck, btw, on everything

Selling it on eBay will get it done quicker but you will get a lot less for it.

If you sell it as a Buy It Now only, selling it in lots will probably make sales quicker but you will probably have to reduce your prices a bit as people might not want all of the things in the lot.

If you decide to sell things individually you will get more for your stuff overall but it will probably take a bit longer to sell. You will also find that people will pick out the good stuff first and you will be left with the less desireable items.

Out of interest, do you have a copy of Dungeon #139? I'm looking for a copy but can't seem to find one.

Olaf the Stout

Cevalic

First Post
Thanks for the advice everyone. I was hoping to propose to her in two months, so I would have time to sell it off. More nerves than anything else, just wanting to be able to do it today. If I go the route of selling it off piece by piece, would ebay or the forum be better?

Good luck Scribble, hope it goes good.

Olaf, sorry I just checked and I dont have that issue. Wish I could have helped.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Most jewelry stores will front you a store-only credit card. That's what I went with, way back when, and was able to burn off that debt (and shred the card) within 18 months without real pain.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
This is where paying in monthly installments makes more sense. Especially if you're selling your D&D stuff! :p

I mean I guess you could get away with some of the 2nd edition but come on! 3.x and d20?! That's stuff classic! :p ;) ESPECIALLY the 30 issues of Dungeon man. That's just wrong! :p ;)

Cevalic said:
Thanks for the advice everyone. I was hoping to propose to her in two months, so I would have time to sell it off. More nerves than anything else, just wanting to be able to do it today. If I go the route of selling it off piece by piece, would ebay or the forum be better?

Good luck Scribble, hope it goes good.

Olaf, sorry I just checked and I dont have that issue. Wish I could have helped.

Thanks anyway and best of luck with your proposal.

I'm not sure whether eBay or the forum is better. eBay has more traffic through it, so you are likely to find more buyers. The forum, on the other hand, doesn't have any fees associated with it. I would think that the forums would give you a better deal but it would probably take a lot longer timewise, and time is something you don't have much of.

Olaf the Stout

I wouldn't do it. Here's my case:

You obviously care about gaming quite a bit to have collected all that great stuff. When you have kids, you'll be seriously kicking yourself, if not sooner. Plus, most items won't hold their value. The ones that do hold value, you will probably miss the most. Moreover, the return will be paltry considering how much you probably invested. To re-collect it will probably cost much more.

You're going to be with this lucky lady the rest of your life. You are clearly passionate about gaming. It is part of who you are and informed the person she fell for. One extra month to hang onto these things that give you so much character, I think, is worth it. That's their real value, which is much greater than cash dollars.

Remove ads