Council of the Wyrms

RavinRay

Explorer
I was penning 3.5 update to the Legend of Sardior on the behest of my master when I received word that a freshly-printed tome on a Council of Wyrms is out. By the Ruby Dragon, it is most impressive! I am giving it a quick look over in the middle of my (real-world) work, and take a closer look later, but in the meantime thanks for mentioning me!

RavinRay

Explorer
I was just waxing poetic about FMD's latest work as linked above. That LoS PDF I'm doing is based on the Sardior articles from Wizards' Mind's Eye psionic column.

I've just had a look at it.

I'm far from an expert on the setting, but the rules look great. Obviously a lot of hard work has gone into it.

I seem to be reduced to coming up with editing suggestions rather than rules feedback. Please feel free to tell me where to stick it!

Is there any reason why Draconomicon is spelt ending in "an" instead of "on"? Its an embarassingly nit picky point, but it is distracting me every time I see it (which is quite often :) )

If you are using third edition names for languages, they should be called "Elf", "Dwarf" etc. rather than "Elfish", "Dwarfish".

In "British" English, Dragons should have a hoard, not a horde. Of course, maybe in "American" English "horde" is correct.

If its a 3.5 update, there is no longer a scry skill, and wilderness lore is renamed survival.

Is there any reason why dragons don't get a tail slap attack at the start of chapter 3?

Have you seen the "Dragons as characters" articles in Dragon magazine? There were two issues, one with metallic and one with chromatic, but I don't know the issue numbers. They did the dragons as monster classes. It doesn't fit in particularly well with CoW, but it might give you some ideas if you haven't already seen it.

Last edited:

full_moon_draw

First Post
Hi Amethal,

Thanks for takeing the time to have a look.

amethal said:
Is there any reason why Draconomicon is spelt ending in "an" instead of "on"? Its an embarassingly nit picky point, but it is distracting me every time I see it (which is quite often :) )

Thanks - Corrected.

amethal said:
If you are using third edition names for languages, they should be called "Elf", "Dwarf" etc. rather than "Elfish", "Dwarfish".

Thanks & again Corrected

amethal said:
In "British" English, Dragons should have a hoard, not a horde. Of course, maybe in "American" English "horde" is correct.

Aargh - of course - corrected.

amethal said:
If its a 3.5 update, there is no longer a scry skill, and wilderness lore is renamed survival.

Thought I'd edited all of them out - obviously not! Consider it sorted!

amethal said:
Is there any reason why dragons don't get a tail slap attack at the start of chapter 3?

Only the soundest of reasons - becuase I frogot it :) - consider it corrected.

amethal said:
Have you seen the "Dragons as characters" articles in Dragon magazine? There were two issues, one with metallic and one with chromatic, but I don't know the issue numbers. They did the dragons as monster classes. It doesn't fit in particularly well with CoW, but it might give you some ideas if you haven't already seen it.

Yes, I've seen those copies of Dragon. Really it's an implimentation of a Savage Species progression for Dragons. Whilst I see the logic & it makes a lot of sense, like you say - it doesn't fit very well in to the CoW campaign - where age & hoard are important factors to Dragonic progression & the characters focus is on class for progression.

Cheers - FMD

Remove ads