• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Council of Thieves, Act I - The Bastards of Erebus [DISCUSSION]

d'Anconia

Explorer
I know you said that you're giving the 8 people who jumped in on this earlier first shot, but I'd be happy to get my name on an alt list in case some people drop out! I Really want to try out the new rules, and am particularly interested in the upcoming council oh thieves AP.

I'll subscribe and hang around to see how this progresses.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Notes to Self (and whoever else wants to read, I suppose)

Too early to say for sure yet, but no martial types have been mentioned.

Thinking of a Ranger, which could potentially work in either a wilderness or an urban setting with a little leeway for customization of feats/skills/etc. to an urban setting.

By no means a final character idea, but it has some appeal and the idea is growing in my head even as I speak . . .

Malvoisin

First Post
I know you said that you're giving the 8 people who jumped in on this earlier first shot, but I'd be happy to get my name on an alt list in case some people drop out! I Really want to try out the new rules, and am particularly interested in the upcoming council oh thieves AP.

I'll subscribe and hang around to see how this progresses.

Sounds good, I'd be happy to consider you as an alternate!

renau1g

First Post
Hey Mal just dropping by to say hi and welcome back. Yours was the first game I applied to back when I started with the PbP and you were very helpful to a newcomer and had some great suggestions. Good Luck with this!

Malvoisin

First Post
Hey Mal just dropping by to say hi and welcome back. Yours was the first game I applied to back when I started with the PbP and you were very helpful to a newcomer and had some great suggestions. Good Luck with this!

LOL, I actually do remember that! I'm happy to see that you've been able to establish yourself as a recognizeable presence on these boards. I don't know how much anything I said helped you, but if that's the case, I'm happy to have been of service. Thanks for saying hi! :)

Malvoisin

First Post
Hey all,

I just thought I'd give this thread a little bump, and announce that I've decided to definitely run 'The Bastards of Erebus' which is the first part of the Council of Thieves adventure path. So, if you're thinking about a character concept, something well suited to an urban locale would be best.

The PFRPG rules and adventure path module should both be released on August 13th. The free player's guide for the AP might be available as much as a week sooner, according to James Jacobs on Paizo's message boards.

Just thought I'd give a quick update. Carry on. :)

Malvoisin

First Post
Now if only the boards would stop being slow you could get this game going ;)

In all honesty, that is a bit of a worry for me right now. The site has been either frustratingly slow or altogether inaccessible a LOT recently. Obviously, this would put a huge damper on a fledgling PbP trying to get out of the gates.

Well, for now, all I can do is hope they get things straightened out soon.

Just popping in to say I'm still hanging with EN World for the time being, despite the site's server being messed up. On days when I can't get the page to load, or the page times out, I don't tend to spend a lot of time on repeat tries, but some mornings the site is kinda-sorta manageable and I'll be able to get in a post here and there.

I'm feeling a paladin with a greatsword coming on for my character concept. Either that or Layf Orikkson, the half-orc bard I drew up in May this year.

Remove ads