• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Countdown to the Realms: Magic in the Forgotten Realms

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Or you could take Heavy Magic, a form of magic which was created by the Netherese Arch-mage Karsus. It´s a gooey substance, you can carry it around, and bad stuff happens when you touch it. Has been in the Realms since 2e.

Of course, that has also been an idea out of DBZ, eh?

Nymrohd

First Post
And you can paint it with spells!
Did I mention Witchfire? It is attracted to powerful magic and can give people spellfire! I mean spellfire is straight out of DBZ too! Those have been in the realms since the grey box.

The Realms are brim full of similar magical constructs. Why exactly the Spellplague is the one that sets people going is a mystery to me.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Okay, I've got it. Let's say that Maztica is absorbed into the new continent. It's like the Borg, right?

So what if the ages-old struggle is actually between dragonborn eagle knights of Qotal and tiefling jaguar knights of Zaltec! Dragonborn plumaweavers and tiefling hishnashapers! The possibilities! :D

*ducks!*

catsclaw227

First Post
Sitara said:
Can't wait to see what other wonderful revelations are in store for us. (the entire continenet being teeleported away and being replaced by a continent from another planet in its place was a particularly good one.
Please read it again. The continent was NOT teleported away. Returned Abeir subsumed the continent of Maztica.

American Heratige Dictionary:

sub·sume
tr.v. sub·sumed, sub·sum·ing, sub·sumes
To classify, include, or incorporate in a more comprehensive category or under a general principle: "The evolutionarily later always subsumes and includes the evolutionarily earlier" Frederick Turner.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Dragonhelm said:
So what if the ages-old struggle is actually between dragonborn eagle knights of Qotal and tiefling jaguar knights of Zaltec! Dragonborn plumaweavers and tiefling hishnashapers! The possibilities! :D

Sure, I'd play that.

Cheers,
Cam

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Dragonhelm said:
Okay, I've got it. Let's say that Maztica is absorbed into the new continent. It's like the Borg, right?

*ducks!*
The way you say that makes it pretty awesome!

Cheers, LT.

Dragonhelm said:

*ducks!*

If that's the angle they're going for, I'd be well pleased. :cool:

Remove ads