• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cover to Dragon #310 [wow!]

Mucknuggle

First Post
Anybody know where I can order this issue online WITH the DM screen? Paizo sells it without the screen from their site and I haven't been able to find another place that sells it online.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Though I can appreciate Elmore's artistic talent, and I freely admit that there is considerable nostalgia value, it seems to me that every female figure Elmore has ever drawn looks exactly like Telerie Windyarm, from the Snarfquest comics, with different hair.

Belphanior

First Post
Nice picture, and it is definately "blast from the past". More D&D than D&D is right now.
Personally I prefer the new style though. Monks doing a sonic boom whenever they run, wizards calling down hellfire, and all that with hyper-realistic looks? Nah, a little more stylistic goes better with it. (Or "cartoonish", if you will.)

jasper

Rotten DM
from hugh and victionarn secret yet another piece of junk armour and junk fashion. I would like to see once in a while females in clothing. And armour without the missle cones.
Avg Elmore C-

jasper said:
from hugh and victionarn secret yet another piece of junk armour and junk fashion. I would like to see once in a while females in clothing. And armour without the missle cones.
Avg Elmore C-

Going to have to agree here. I prefer the covers of my old Sword and Sorceress anthologies, real(-er) women with more realistic clothing.

- Ma'at

Wolfspider

Explorer
Bleah. More of the same from Elmore. Same faces, same bodies, same armor, same poses.

This guy is seriously in a rut, and has been for a long time.

robaustin

First Post
Mucknuggle said:
Anybody know where I can order this issue online WITH the DM screen? Paizo sells it without the screen from their site and I haven't been able to find another place that sells it online.

Try:

www.gamersrealm.com

They pull stock directly from their store shelves, and I picked one up yesterday from the store.

--*Rob

Aaron2

Explorer
I wanted that DM screen but couldn't bring myself to buy the mag with that cover. To me it's not a blast from the past, but a blast from the era I didn't like D&D anymore.

Give me Erol Otus anyday.

Aaron

I'm with Aaron2 -- although I like the picture well enough, it isn't nostalgic in a good way for me at all. I prefer Sam Wood, Todd Lockwood and Wayne Reynolds to any D&D artists I've ever seen on any product line anywhere in this industry. I bought the magazine to get the DMs screen with the WAR art more than for any other reason.

That said, I really like the issue so far -- I've read about 25% or so of it is all, though. The alternate fighters were great. The Barbarian article was good but it irks me that the barbarian class is still tied to a cultural group that may or may not exist in a given campaign setting. I haven't read through yet, but the alt.paladins and the rogue articles look really useful as well.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads