• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CR for an Adamantine Animated Statue?

Shin Okada

Explorer
Hi guys. I am planning to put a colossal animated statue made of adamantine against my dear adventurers. According to the rule, an animated statue's CR is fixed (usually 10 for a colossal one) regardless of it's hardness. But hardness of 20 is tough! I think I should increase the CR a little bit. But how much? I need your opinion.

Last edited:

The last time I used a stone Colossal Animated Object ... it was not CR 10. It should be higher. Like CR 13 at least. (And yes, the barbarian was Power Attacking to the max.)
Apparently they're getting bonus hit points in 3.5 ... I hope they get toned down some other way.

If your main fighter-type can't dish out 20 points of damage in a normal attack, boost the CR. By a lot.

The thing's CR is, technically, 10, so a 10th-level wizard shouldn't be expected to take it out in one round.

I hope they tone down it's offensive power - it can kill a rogue in two rounds IME - I hope the hit points don't actually drop.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads