Create a Setting : Using Existing d20 Resources!

DMH

First Post
nothing to see here said:
I wonder where in Oathbound each of those resources could be dropped? I must ponder.

Bluffside would be in Anvil or the Kiln and Freeport could easily be modified to replace the existing city in Anvil (the one at war with the ceptu). I don't know about the others mentioned since I haven't read them. I have considered using locations in Nyambe for Penance and Wildwood, Hamunaptera (sp) for Arena and Penance, and the Seven Strongholds in Penace, Eclipse, Wildwood and Arena.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
During my University days I drew up a setting called Nexus of the Nine Seas in which the Scorcerers of the Blackport Academy had found a way to stabilize three dimensional rifts (called Nexus Gates) out over the harbour allowing Blackport ships to sail to new worlds 'the Nine Seas'.
Wild rifts would also open on a random basis tempting explorers to go through to unknown danger (one stranded the explorers in the middle of a desert) and sometimes Nexus storms were generated which could send ships into unchartd territory anywhere across the Nine Seas.
Anyway each of the Seas (Dimensions) had its own theme. Thus, for instance Blackport was 16th Century Port with a very 'British theme (Merchants, Pirates and Royal Navy); Akros was based on the Mediteranean during a hellenic period with atlantean pseudo-science; and the Blood Islands was a place of savage horror with ghost ships, cannibals, zombies and dinosaurs.
The setting also had Sky Pyrates, lightning spears, a Hell Ship made from damned souls, canons, rockets, sahuagin and sea dragons. Of course the Nexus gates meant I could take PCs anywhere I wanted and any city or adventure could be dropped in somewhere

- gee Uni was fun-

Last edited:

Remove ads