• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creating a Wurm monster with a non standard miniature

Fumitai

First Post
Hello everyone!

This is my first thread here so I hope I create it in the correct forum.

I am running a campaign in a homebrew world where giant wurms are a huge pain in the ass for any sort of land based travel. I have been treating them as a sort of wingless, animal intelligence dragon type monster but I have recently begun thinking about using a non standard miniature to represent them.

What are your thoughts about instead of having say a "Large" monster be 2 x 2 squares instead be 1 x 4? or a "Huge" monster being 1 x 9 squares or something similar? My hope is that it will be yet another thing to toy with when customizing encounters for my players.

I think it would have to have a "head" and a "tail" end of the modell so that the players can get a better picture of where the monster is looking and how it is going to move. I am also thinking that if a large wurm where to completely surround one ore more players a nice squeeze attack could be fun :)

Would something like this be fun for any of you and do you forsee any huge problems with using a non-standard model?

many thanks for your replies!

Remove ads