• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Creating PC for level 12 campaign

Rhenny

Adventurer
I know it isn't necessary, but you might want some extra healing or a way to deal with undead or extra planar creatures. If you've never played a cleric, 5e offers some interesting and rewarding choices. I've played war clerics, light clerics and currently a tempest cleric. They are pretty versitile and help parties a lot.

A ranger might be nice too mixing, exploration and a little healing with ranged attacks or a duel wielder.

I think you should do what your DM suggested though. Play what you'll be most interested in. Enthusiasm for a PC is much more important than party mix.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Bards rock on toast.

Valorbards are fighter-y without being too Fighter-y and full caster-y without being too Wizard-y; they are also a 'force multiplier' by being able to heal and buff teammates.

You'll also hear people praise the Lorebard because she can steal spells from other class lists and cast them earlier than the respective classes from which they come!

Seriously. Bard is arguably top-tier now. FINALLY.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads