• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

*Creation Rules Up* Vive L'Empereur! Vive La France!!

Nephtys

First Post
That's probably true. I wanted to make a character who was a bit of an outsider, an unbiased observer and coincidental participant, and figured an alien culture and background would make him more interesting. The character could probably work in the beginning while we're still in India, since the East India Company used mostly non-english troops but in a European war he'd be in a bit of trouble. As a common soldier with no diplomatic credentials, yeah, they would treat him worse than dirt.
Otoh, fitting a european character within the general concept of the character would not be as interesting... But as you stated, less suicidal. :) I guess I'll have to rethink the character. Maybe he could be some sort of natural scientist in the tradition of the enlightenment, a German from some minor state or perhaps a Swede. An old pupil of Linnaeus travelling the world, exploring its nature and cultures before being ensnared by some sinister english plot... I don't know.

I'll be off line until sunday, so I'll try to get back to the thread then.

Last edited:

-SIN-

First Post
I'm waiting for submissions from you guys!

Sorry, I've been a little busy over the past few days, but in general, I'm pretty good to roll, people. Just need those characters....

IF you are interested, please confirm you want in on this game.

Drop those characters in!! Or at least concepts!

-SIN-

First Post
I think I'm going to put this one to rest for time being due to lack of interest. Maybe sometime in the future, gentlemen...

DralonXitz

First Post
Sad to hear it SIN, was really looking forward to this game. Hopefully, the future shall bring us enhanced fortune in this endeavor.

-SIN-

First Post
Well, I may run it for just the two of you over on unlimitedrpgs.com if you're interested. I'm starting up a game of 'Darwin's World D20' now, once that's going smoothly it shouldn't be a problem.

SIN

Nephtys

First Post
I don't mind playing in a small party, but I'll have to make some changes to my character. mechanically he works, I think, but I've been uncertain about the rp-parts. In a small party, though, my role becomes a lot clearer. We can't play an english game without an englishman pc.
-
edit:
Never mind the above. It seems like I won't have the time for another game after all. It's a shame, because I really liked the idea of this game.

Last edited:

Remove ads