• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creative Exercise: The Sovereign Dominion of Eyros

For the record, there's a race of "frost folk" in Frostburn. Whether or not our frostfolk were meant to be the same critters, we're going to have to change the name in the PDF.

Just so you all know.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
For the record, there's a race of "frost folk" in Frostburn. Whether or not our frostfolk were meant to be the same critters, we're going to have to change the name in the PDF.

Just so you all know.
Ah, but the beauty of it is that the race is called Uldra in Frostburn (unless you meant the Inuit-like humans called icefolk that were basically just humans with flavour text and no special abilities).

Arkhandus

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
The frostfolk of Kwlloch are a mysterious and insular fey race that seems to personify the cold, heartless austerity of the wintry land.

The frostfolk of northern Kwlloch are the only force keeping the frostworms and remorhaz there from destroying the goblinoids, doppelgangers, and lycanthropes of Kwlloch, so frostfolk are treated well and with caution in Kwlloch. The frostfolk themselves have no desire to leave and invade other places, but a few tribes of these fey have allied themselves with Kwlloch rather than just treat with them. Those tribes may be able to bring a few frostworms and remorhaz when Kwlloch eventually tries to invade Eyros, but even the fey have only limited control of the beasts, and besides the fey would never want the great beasts to die in the warmer lands.

Sarellion

Explorer
The frostfolk are allies of the tribes and are considered to be a member of Kwlloch. Their emissaries are goblins of the fabled tribe of Amah. These are goblins able to withstand the hellish cold in the land of the frostfolk (cold subtype). The frostfolk also has other members of monstrous races under their control, like ogres and even giants. The folk itself is only rarely seen in the lowlands and prefer to deal with outsiders only via servants.

The folk in this part of Eyros is ruled by their Queen Alishana, a stunningly beautiful creature, but she seems to be sculpted from ice. She sits on the Throne of White Flowers, crowned with the Crown of Frozen Tears. She has not left this hall for 1000 years but she is gifted with farsight. Sometimes her ice blue eyes can be seen in the middle of the most horrible snow storms coming from the frozen north.

She has allied her folk with the Twelve or Taufenacht knowingly as she pierced his guises and knows his tricks.

Last edited:

Sarellion

Explorer
I don´t see much contradiction besides that I said all of them and Arkhandus said some of them are allies.

Edi: Change Alishana to queen of the folk in this lands and not all folk.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Contribution:

Alishana rules over the tribes that have allied with Kwlloch, but not all of the frostfolk. Her followers are the only frostfolk known to have ogres and giants as servants, a testament to her powerful enchantments and her ineffable charm.

Although none of the frostfolk could properly be called anything better than frostily civil to outsiders, still Alishana's sister Yriana is notably less arrogant, narcissistic, and cruel than her elder sister, and she leads many of the frostfolk who would prefer to remain insular than to fully ally with The Twelve.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Sarellion said:
I don´t see much contradiction besides that I said all of them and Arkhandus said some of them are allies.

Edi: Change Alishana to queen of the folk in this lands and not all folk.
Heh, we were thinking the same thing (I started writing before I saw your post) ;)

Remove ads