Creative Exercise: The Sovereign Dominion of Eyros

Phineas Crow

First Post
Past the northern border of Eyros is the Alleroch Hills, a barren, rocky land of high, rolling hills and deep, secluded glens. Climate in the Alleroch region is cooler than Eyros with mild summers and winters with little or no snow. With a fairly wet climate, rain and fog is quite common in the Alleroch Hills and it is here that the Zedak river begins.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Now for my actual contribution:

In order that the children of married commoners are considered legitimate Pillar members, in order to keep from becoming inbred (as mentioned earlier), married common orcs and humans are considered honourary Pillar members of the lowest rank, but pillar members nonetheless, if only by technicality. Because of House Kiron's "secret" elven emancipatiton, this means that sometimes former Masks have become Dal-Kiron by marriage. The most dangerous outcome of this, at least in the eyes of most Eyrians is Saervyl Dal-Kiron, an elven wizard who is Dal-Kiron by birth, born to two elves in a quartet marriage. This sets a dangerous precedent indeed, for even the progressive House Malarn precludes elven wizards from its members, and the honourary Dal-Malarn does not pass on to the children of the honoured non-human. For all that Saervyl seems kind and harmless, he is widely despised for what he is, and if it weren't for the efforts of his Chalkut'Dorun (an Eyrian equivalent of Godparent, although unlike Godparents there is only one), Saint Lasair, to protect him, he would have surely died in one of several assassination attempts against his life. Vazya Krazan Dal-Zhal, an orcish scion who ordered at least one of the assassination attempts, has recently attempted to contact the secretive assassin "Stheno," who is in actuality Skuldira of the Midnight Cruor.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Abisashi said:
Well, the dark druids can still be somewhat rare. They probably try to stay hidden, so people still think druids are very rare, when they are just mostly rare. It's kind of cool having the majority of druids be evil. What are your thoughts, hero4hire?

I didn't intend anything to contradict a previous post. So to coincide both; Druids are rare, the majority are evil. =)

I try to leave stuff vague enough that you can do whatever you want with it.

hero4hire

Explorer
The primarily dwarven "Secret Blade" (a sub-group of Soulknives from the Jagged Eye) and the hobgoblins of "The Order of the Clawed Fist" have recently been skirmishing with eachother out in the open. Each group seems to be searching for something. However thier long-standing racial enmities and desire to prove martial superiority over the other has over-rided thier desire for secrecy. Thus risking exposure.

Arkhandus

First Post
Edit: miscounted, need to wait for one more contribution before adding another of my own. Mine will help with the whole "why aren't the solar and the t-rex out conquering" conundrum a bit.

In any case, we still have to define how naming conventions will work in Eyros. We've established so far that at least half-orcs have a personal name, followed by a family name, followed by the name of their father's Pillar, followed by the name of their mother's Pillar. The family name has a dash '-' in it, and the father's Pillar is preceded by a 'dal-' while the mother's Pillar is preceded by a 'ty-'. Now, we need to clarify what human nobles use, what orc nobles use (if different), what the Grand Monarch's children use (considering the nature and status of their parents), and what the heck the family name is supposed to be. Is it a composite of some sort, something to do with father-mother or orc-human or something, or what? We have at least already established that each House/Pillar has several families within it, each distantly related to the others in their House/Pillar........at least I think that's right. So let's clarify!

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
We've established by example these naming conventions, which I posted in the other thread because they aren't official (check the other thread, its cool too):

Names for Pillar members SEEM TO adhere to the following rules: Influential aristocrats have a first and last name and then a Dal-PillarName, except half-orc throne aspirants, who have a first name a compound of their parents' last names separated by a dash, a Dal-FatherPillarName and a Ty-MotherPillarName. Other house members (so half-elves of House Kiron or peasants who join House Malarn) have just the first name and the Pillar name, whereas normal peasants have a first and last name (so new Malarn members are exhorted to doff their names and in exchange become Malarn). Masks only have a single name, and non-Eyrians can do what they want.

Sarellion

Explorer
Can someone point me to the other thread?

Conquers Twice is a solar in search of the evil and good remains of his brother´s soul. He freed Saagersberg from an oppressive warlord as he was looking for a base of operations. trying to conquer Eyros would only interfere with his search.

The solar has no proof for his guess that the amethyst crown is the crebrum ruby (as we know, it´s not). He also fears to succumb to evil himself if he just bullies into the palace. His brother first steps on his fall was a disregard for potential collateral damage.

He would also have to fight many of the masks, the Praes Thanatos and the imperial legions and that´s a lot.

Conquers twice doesn´t want to endanger a lot of mortal life on the base of some guesswork and the outcome isn´t clear.

I think that some of the elder masks, the Patriae Sicarii, Cuccullus Umbra are able to repel either threat or even destroy it, but I haven´t seen this other threats with their stats..

Remove ads