Creative Exercise: The Sovereign Dominion of Eyros

Arkhandus

First Post
So it's settled then. All of Eyros is just one big house of cards waiting for the next earthquake to send it all crumbling down into the subterranean depths and crashing through into the very pits of hell itself.

{:^/

Maybe there's an unnoticed, thick vein of adamantine ore running underneath Eyros, holding it all up despite the odds? :)

Okay, guys, let's do this. First off, let's not add any more underground caverns/caves/etc.

Regarding the ones already here, we'll leave 'em alone for now. Once we start compiling everything, either for the next update or for the final PDF, we'll figure out if they can all co-exist, or if some need to be removed.

Rystil Arden, could you e-mail me? My e-mail is available through my user info, to the left. I need to ask you something off-list, and your own e-mail doesn't seem to be available. :)

Thanks.

Sarellion

Explorer
Shouldn´t be such a problem if it doesn´t exist all in the same place. We need some Dungeons if we don´t have dragons. :D

But the capital city is really crowded in the lower levels, especially if we consider the fact that it is near a sleeping volcano.

Contribution:

One of the most important cities of the halflings is the island city New Haven.
Most halflings still live on the floating cities but New Haven produces some goods the halflings normally have to raid for, like meat and non sea food. New Haven is more cosmopolitan than other halfling cities and necessary trades with the outside world are conducted there. The empire tried to invade centuries ago but rowed galleys are not of much use in the deep blue sea. This was one of the most devastating defeats the empire suffered in its history. The grand monarch stepped down immediately and the admiral of the lost pillar house Garren went into exile. Afterwards the navy was always the stepchild of the military forces of Eyros. The new galley project of the Praes Thanatos will be used as a pirate hunter near the coast where they will probably excell because of higher possible speeds.

Abisashi

First Post
Pdf

Oh, and as to the formal writeup, I have excellent english skills (better than any of the teachers I've ever had, anyway, even if I willfully ignore some of the rules sometimes), so I'd be happy to help write up part of the setting and/or edit other people's work.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Sarellion said:
Shouldn´t be such a problem if it doesn´t exist all in the same place. We need some Dungeons if we don´t have dragons. :D

But the capital city is really crowded in the lower levels, especially if we consider the fact that it is near a sleeping volcano.

Contribution:

One of the most important cities of the halflings is the island city New Haven.
Most halflings still live on the floating cities but New Haven produces some goods the halflings normally have to raid for, like meat and non sea food. New Haven is more cosmopolitan than other halfling cities and necessary trades with the outside world are conducted there. The empire tried to invade centuries ago but rowed galleys are not of much use in the deep blue sea. This was one of the most devastating defeats the empire suffered in its history. The grand monarch stepped down immediately and the admiral of the lost pillar house Garren went into exile. Afterwards the navy was always the stepchild of the military forces of Eyros. The new galley project of the Praes Thanatos will be used as a pirate hunter near the coast where they will probably excell because of higher possible speeds.
Contribution (its a legend, so some details were probably obscured over the passage of time, if you want to use this in a campaign that doesn't have five characters, change the number of heroes to equal the number of PCs, oh and can you figure out where in Eyros each of the names I used came from?):

The Legend of the Five Heroes- Long ago (about 4500 BE), the great demon king Taufenacht spread his dark shadow across the land, holding all the races under his evil sway. It was a dark age, with the peoples under Taufenacht's influence devolving to cannibalism, rapine, and worse, and the sacred dragons raining fire from the sky upon the Dark Lord's enemies. But when all hope seemed lost, five heroes appeared to bring the world back into the light. The Kohl'Tass champion Rhalassa (who later became known as Rrahask) was a devout young druidess who wished to protect the land from the corruption of Taufenacht's evil. Vajaros Dragonbane was a mighty orcish warrior. The only living being in memory to have slain a dragon, Vajaros proudly wore dragonscale full plate that had been created for him by his ladylove, the hobgoblin armoursmith Lazkani, and his mighty double-bladed sword, Wyrmdeath, was a powerful weapon indeed. Valjin was a powerful elven enchanter and necromancer who always wore a mithral half-mask over the left side of his face. Wielding a mysterious rod that allowed him to personally command a veritable army of undead, Valjin aided the others against Taufenacht for his own dark reasons (some scholars speculate that Valjin was actually a female in disguise, using a magical half-mask to appear male, but no one can determine the reason). The dwarven psion Alkshaln had access to a set of seven powerful crystals (one of each colour of the rainbow) that amplified his abilities, and he was a reliable ally and true friend to the other heroes, except perhaps the mysteruous Valjin. The roguish, free-spirited Kira of the human tribes was the final hero. Skilled at stealth and deeply devout in her cause to bring light to the world once again, Kira had a magic bow that could break through evil barriers to pierce the heart of Taufenacht, if he was sufficiently weakened first.

Sarellion

Explorer
Vajaros = House Vajar
Valjin = the elven necromancers7enchanters
Kira = House Kiron
Rrahask = the lizard matriarch
Alkshaln = no clue

Is the hobgoblin derived from somewhere, too?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Sarellion said:
Vajaros = House Vajar
Valjin = the elven necromancers7enchanters
Kira = House Kiron
Rrahask = the lizard matriarch
Alkshaln = no clue

Is the hobgoblin derived from somewhere, too?
Good sleuthing. I made up the hobgoblin and Alkshaln comes from the lost dwarven city of Alkshalnjar.

Remove ads