• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creative Exercise: The Sovereign Dominion of Eyros

Sarellion

Explorer
The cerebrum ruby was found in the head of Conquers twice fallen brother and seems to be the essence of his brother´s evil.

I thought about a common origin of all powerful stones of Eyros but stopped after realizing thatthe ruby came from the fallen demon.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Sarellion said:
The cerebrum ruby was found in the head of Conquers twice fallen brother and seems to be the essence of his brother´s evil.

I thought about a common origin of all powerful stones of Eyros but stopped after realizing thatthe ruby came from the fallen demon.
Right, "fallen" brother. So I had the fallen brother's skull literally fall from the sky. After all, we know he was dead enough for the dwarves to take the ruby from his braincase.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Whew, that took me a lot longer than I expected. Hope the timeline and the encyclopaedia are helpful to all as we continue our journey through Eyros (but not through UnderEyros any more).

Sarellion

Explorer
Not so seriously....
There are drow under the capital of Eyros fighting the svirfneblin, beholders, mind flayers, aboleth, seres, demons, devils, celestials and of course the dwarves who are happy celebrating with their duergar cousins, drinking beer sweetened with orc blood. There is a real problem dividing up all the caves underneath the houses and the assassin vine wants some space, too.
The imperial trasury is filled with all the coin coming from subimperial estate inc., a company owned wholly by the royal treasury.
The frequent volcano eruptions happens because Xarkavan wakes up from all this partying and disrupts the party with a little lava of his own. It disturbs him in his sleep so he just destroys everything and then its quiet again. :p

Just a little joke. :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
Sarellion said:
Not so seriously....
There are drow under the capital of Eyros fighting the svirfneblin, beholders, mind flayers, aboleth, seres, demons, devils, celestials and of course the dwarves who are happy celebrating with their duergar cousins, drinking beer sweetened with orc blood. There is a real problem dividing up all the caves underneath the houses and the assassin vine wants some space, too.
The imperial trasury is filled with all the coin coming from subimperial estate inc., a company owned wholly by the royal treasury.
The frequent volcano eruptions happens because Xarkavan wakes up from all this partying and disrupts the party with a little lava of his own. It disturbs him in his sleep so he just destroys everything and then its quiet again. :p

Just a little joke. :D
You know, I was tempted to do something like that, but I stopped myself.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Sarellion said:
Making a joke or saying that the whole subterranean Eyros got buried by a sleeping dragon and a lot of lava?
Making a really complicated thing underground. I was going to say something like, "A giant dragon named Nidhogg lives underground in a giant underground forest, nibbling on the roots of the world tree. One day, he will destroy the foundations of Eyros, causing the entire country to collapse, and gobble everyone up."

Sarellion

Explorer
The idea has some merit but hm better leave it alone. Doesn´t mean that there should be some undergroud structures.

I would think that the dwarves tunneled underground but then there would be some free dwarves beneath Eyros. As far as we know the elves controlled the lands above, what was the role of the dwarves? Corulers in elven lands or oppressed people already? They had kings a the time of the cerebrum ruby, at the same time as the Valjin empire. So did the dwarves lose their freedom then or later Are the dwarves only hated because of one assassination?

Remove ads