• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creature Catalogue Overhaul Project Revisited

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Sounds right. And give the revised AC line.

Skills: Bluff, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Tumble?

Feat: maybe Ability Focus (poison)?

Shade

Monster Junkie
We probably need to work this in:

Finally, and most strangely, brambles are often found riding a peculiar selection of animals. It is not uncommon to come upon a band of brambles riding a collection of porcupines, hedgehogs, al-mi’rajs, and other creatures, looking like bizarre pixie-knights as they search for food and fights They control their mounts with a charm mount spell that each can cast once per day. When so mounted, brambles also carry barbed spears (that do 1d6 damage on a hit) that they use as lances. (Statistics for these creatures can be found in individual monster listings, under the “Mammal, Small” entry in MONSTROUS COMPENDIUM® 2 or in the Monstrous Manual.)

At the very least, I think we need to give them the Ride skill and some sort of "charm mount" ability.

freyar

Probably swap in Ride for Tumble. With spines and possibly half-plate, these aren't necessarily tumblers (despite their size).

Charm animal limited to Tiny animals with a duration of 1 day?

freyar

Hmm, and I guess I meant to say "Tiny or smaller." How's this?

Charm Mount (Sp): Once per day, a bramble may charm a single Tiny or smaller animal or magical beast, which serves as its mount. The charm lasts for 24 hours. This functions as the spell charm animal, except as described above. This ability is the equivalent of a 2nd? level spell. Caster level 1st.

Remove ads