Creature Collection III out

Vrylakos

First Post
s/LaSH said:
I'm responsible for the Overghast Ghoul (related, unofficial, and out-of-date material available here) and the Mosaic Custodian.

Congrats to everyone else in there, of course.
Ooo! I really liked the Overghast Ghoul! I'm looking forward to using them in my game for the Big Climax... if my author copies show before the Big Climax, that is...

Vrylakos

s/LaSH

First Post
Vrylakos said:
Ooo! I really liked the Overghast Ghoul! I'm looking forward to using them in my game for the Big Climax... if my author copies show before the Big Climax, that is...

Vrylakos

A lot of people seem to like them (and their relatives). Or hate them with the fiery passion of a thousand suns, but that's the same thing, really; I consider my task well done.

If the shop weren't a good hour's travel from my abode, I'd probably spend longer looking at the book so I could comment back on some of the other critters, but I haven't the time. I'll have to do that later, when my copies arrive...

Voadam

Legend
Upper_Krust said:
Hi Gez mate! :)

Thanks for posting the list.

My entries were:

Demon, Fluted
Golem, Moon
Gray Man (Herald of Otossal)

Can I just say I am greatly impressed by the number of high CR monsters in there* - well done S&SS.

*Looks like fully 30% of the book caters for CR 11+. :D

The Fluted Demon can't be yours, its only CR 9 :eek:

My entry was the Blessed Theocrat template.

Psion

Adventurer
Well, got it last night, finally.... and damaged. :(

Overall it seems decent, but so far, I don't think I like it as much as CC2. Spiderweb mummies look like a good fit to my upcoming sessions, though.

Lotsa outsiders...
Lotsa animals...
Lotsa constructs...

Voadam

Legend
Psion said:
Well, got it last night, finally.... and damaged. :(

Overall it seems decent, but so far, I don't think I like it as much as CC2. Spiderweb mummies look like a good fit to my upcoming sessions, though.

Lotsa outsiders...
Lotsa animals...
Lotsa constructs...

How is the art? It has not shown up in the local borders or waldenbooks here yet.

Psion

Adventurer
Voadam said:
How is the art?

All IMO, but: Pretty decent, actually. No pictures stand out in my mind as particularly riveting, but overall it is fairly good. Lots of Richard Thomas, no Melissa Uran, which is emphasizing the positive and eliminating the negative among the typical stable of artists that work on WW d20 books AFAIC. ;) Leif Jones has some work therein, but it's really not bad; I really didn't like his stuff in Tome of Horrors (esp the Alu-demon. :eek: ) Brian Leblanc also appears to be in rare form, keeping the stengths of his style while foregoing the foggy half-page panels that plague many NG products.

Remove ads