Creepy Game Music

Napftor

Explorer
If you're following up creepy with mega-action, it never hurts to throw in James Horner's Aliens soundtrack. I believe this was released not long ago in an expanded form and can be found anywhere good music is sold.

Shadow64

Here's what I use to help set the mood for games:
Americen McGee's Alice Soundtrack (ripped from the PAK files for the game, real creepy stuff)
Brotherhood of the Wolf Soundtrack (most of it is good, nice fill music, but not to creepy)
Ghost In the Shell Soundtrack (once again, good filler stuff)
Requim for a Dream Soundtrack (used for a walk through the city of death)
Sinjuku Theif - The Witch Hunter (guy from down-under, hard to find but real, real good music for d&d. try to find it on kazaa or the like)
Silent Hill 1 & 2 Soundtracks (if you've played the games I shouldn't have to explain, if you haven't...rent the games and play em.)

Thank god for mp3 players too because i tossed em all on to one cd and didn't have to touch the player for most of the night.

King_Stannis

Explorer
if you want creepy, but not overarching, you could do worse than getting the original "planet of the apes" soundtrack. i've found it very useful over the years.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Canada_K said:

(3) Mortal Kombat Soundtrack

Never heard this one referred to as creepy. A bit too techno to be creepy. :D Just my thoughts though.

I agree with the above post though about the soundtrack to "The Cell".

Lanbourc

First Post
Monte At Home said:
Look for an album called Live at Bar Maldoror by Current 93.
I approve. :)

If you're going the Current 93 route, I'd also recommend the first and third albums in the Inmost Light trilogy: "Where the Long Shadows Fall" and "The Starres Are Marching Sadly Home."

-Lanbourc

Aryoche

Explorer
I'd have to agree on Midnight Sydicate, especially for that Gothic vibe...

Also, you might want to track down Nosferatu, Lestat (a local Ohio band, not sure if they're still producing tapes/Cd's)... for my Conspiracy X game, nothing worked quite like the Electric Hellfire Club when facing crazed cultists...

KChagga

First Post
If you want creepy for a fight with deranged vampires then I suggest any and all Cradle of Filth. Creepily inhuman sounding music.:D

Remove ads