Crimson Tide- Silver Marshes Campaign

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Jack, having just purchased a brand new halbard with the bag of money given to him by the Lord Quartermaster as payment for him most recent Ogre killing expedition turns to the other, less interesting item he received when he got back to town earlier in the afternoon.

"um..lesee here...Temple of the Sli..svil..Silver Stars at Seven chimes...huh...not usually how I get jobs...WHAT YOU LOOKIN AT?"

Jack glares at the two humans who had stopped to stare at the small but stocky gnome apparently stopped in the middle of the street to talk to himself until they turn the corner, barely supressing laughs.

"Guess I have time or a drink or two then!" Jack goes to his favorite tavern, "The Frisky Ferret", and orders himself a nice large ale to keep him company for the night. In the morning, bleary eyed and full-bellied, Jack staggers to the Temple of the Silver Stars and pauses before goin in.

"Lesee here...pants on, belt buckled firmly around me middle...heh...mebee I should carry this new haldarb with me and sling the hammer over the shoulder..here we go..now I look presentable...WHAT? THEY DON"T HAVE GNOMES IN THE HOLE YOU CRAWLED OUT OF? MOVE ALONG!"

After scaring off some very amused onlookers, Jack ajusts his belt one last time, and walks into the temple.

gabrion

First Post
Lance had just arrived in Silverymoon last week, but the wonders of the city had already caught his attention and he was utterly fascinated. More than the peculiar beauty of the building, he was astounded by the diversity of the people living here, and that they seemed to be getting along so well. He could help thinking to himself, “This is truly the way we were meant to live, pushing aside old feuds and problems, and working as one. If only other people could see the bravery of those gathered in Silverymoon and the wisdom they have exhibited.”

Upon arrival he had spent an evening in one of the common inns in the city, but he soon found the company a bit too gruff for his liking. Though he did give them a few tunes before leaving, hoping the music would touch their souls, he found it necessary to relocate. Some of the locals informed him that the Hammer and Helm might be a place more to his liking, as most of the patrons their were off-duty Knights of Silver, Paladins, or other noble adventurers sharing their tales and drinks with one another. The place was much more to his liking and he became quite popular performing songs for the patrons in the evening. Though he was in no real hurry to find his old friend, Lance did ask a few people at the Hammer and Helm if they had heard of Elirith.

Performing earlier in the day for a small group, Lance was surprised to be interrupted when the courier arrived with a message for him. The lad seemed embarrassed to interrupt, but he tapped Lance to get his attention and said, “Apologies milord for interrupting your find song, but the message is very important. Comes straight from the High Priestess it does, and sealed by the High Court. Apologies again, sir,” the lad muttered as he left.

Intrigued, Lance opens the letter and reads with curiosity. “Hmm…seems I’m more popular than I thought around here. I doubt they are just inviting me to hum a tune for them at that hour of the morning. Whatever it is, I’ll be happy to end my idleness here. After all I came to lend my skills where they are needed, and it seems I may have a chance.” He tucks the letter away and carries on with his singing, but that evening he rests early, to be sure he is fresh in the morning. Upon waking he prepares for his meeting, donning fine looking white tunic and his ice blue cloak trimmed in silver. Feeling presentable, he heads to the temple arriving just before seven bells.

OOC:
[sblock]Gather Information=25
Its obviously up to you if Elirith is still around and I don't need to see him per say, but I thought I should at least see if anyone has heard from him. If I do hear anything about him I decide to put off looking for him till I find out what this business is at the temple.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Crimson Tide

First Post
Lance: [sblock] While some of the patrons remember seeing someone who matched the description, they can not be positive on the name. However, even the person matching the description hasn't been seen in the Hammer and Helm for almost two months now.[/sblock]

gabrion

First Post
DM:
[sblock]Not getting any leads on Elirith's location, Lance wonders if he has travelled on from Silverymoon. "I could pry further to see where my old Elven friend might have gone," he thinks, "but right now I need to see what the High Priestess may want with me. If the good people of Silverymoon could use my help, then my old friend will just have to wait."[/sblock]

wgreen

First Post
The sun sets as Rhaine continues her patrol with the two Knights in Silver, Dorn and Garlon, through the heart of Silverymoon. It has been a quiet evening so far. Rhaine looks slightly distracted and worried.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Crimson Tide said:
Folo: [sblock] Leaving Mielikki's Glade, heading towards Northbank your search is not as easy as you might think. With the activities of the humans, as well as their guests, in full swing, there are few animals who would brave the streets at this time. However Tymora does smile upon you as shortly after speaking with the alpha cat of a small pride in a residential neighborhood, you manage to find three of them feasting on the scraps placed in a waste bucket outside of a home.[/sblock]
DM: [sblock]Folo approaches the rats quietly, and offers a bit of grain instead of scraps. "Greetings. I am Folo, a woods-walker. I heard that many of your people had gone missing, and perhaps some might be sick. Please, would you speak to me of this?" he asks respectfully.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Crimson Tide

First Post
Folo:[sblock]As you begin speaking to the rats, two of them bolt down the street disappearing from view. However, the rat that remained seems to stare at you for a long while as if measuring you, if such a thing was possible for a rat. Finally, it rubs its nose once, as if a decision was being made and answers you.

"The Master is here. Master needs us. Master gives us gifts and we like. Master takes us away with him. Soon the Master will call us all."

Fixing its gaze upon you, the rat's eyes suddenly fill with blood and spasms once before falling off of the waste bucket, dead before it hits the ground. [/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
DM: [sblock]Folo nearly gags at the fate the rat. Rats were survivors, carriers of diseases, for them to succumb to one was rare, and to die of one, almost unheard of. Gingerly he took a couple of sticks and examined the rat for disease, then let a spark of magic loose to seek for poison in them. He carefully thought back to his time in training underneath the elder druids, to see if any god was like this mysterious "master."

OOC - Doing a Heal check +9 to determine if there is any disease, casting detect poison, and then Knowledge (nature) +14 or Knowledge (religion) +2 to see if he can recall any god that might want rat servants to want rats to die.[/sblock]

Crimson Tide

First Post
Folo:[sblock]When your spell grants you the ability to detect poison, the rat seems to nearly glow in your eyes. Taking an involuntary step back, you recall several childhood stories of the Devourer, the twisted dark god of your kind, but while it is said that all vile creatures are his children, you can't recall him ever using poison. As you quickly regain your composure, you think you recall the humans having a similar dark one, but its name eludes you at the moment.[/sblock]

Remove ads