• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crippling Strike

Dolza

First Post
I'm working on a rogue character and I was looking at crippling strike and a couple of other skills that do temporary ability damage. Based on the text I couldn't tell if these abilities stack. If they do that really makes the high level rogue rock! I don't know if it would still be worth taking if it only works once per enemy though. Has anyone used this ability before and what did you think of it in play?

For example, I'm flanking with the fighter and hit the same enemy twice, does he take 4 points of strength damage or just two? Can you tell me where this is referenced? My dm seems to think there is a Sage advice that details stacking ability damage and drain but I haven't seen anything like that.

thanks
Dolza

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Crippling Strike does ability damage. Ability damage is just like any other sort of damage, it piles on. Not sure about it stacking with drain, but I'd assume it would be.

So, yes, the TWF rogue with Crippling Strike is terrifying if he can get off a full attack. (Especially if he can get some Wounding weapons...)

Brad

Remove ads