Crispy runs TSAD!

Crispy120286

Explorer
Session 3

Gozran 15 (continue)
That evening the adventurers stayed at the Lost Shepherd. Tired from the last few days they pay for rooms and get some rest. Alexander learning more about his abilities begins to wonder what is happening to him. "I do see fire, maybe Serenrae?" with this he falls asleep. Later that night he gets a flashback, He and his mentor with an army of knights and mages are heading towards Skill Mountain. The dragon appears overhead and starts slaughtering everyone. Alexander one of the last ones alive raises his shield as the dragon looms overhead and with a sharp intake of breath, breathes fire down upon the last survivor.
"Saerenrae?... " a voice says with a sigh. Time seems to have slown down, standing over Alexander is a tall human like creature with long feathery wings of crimson and an inner radiance that makes it difficult to look at. "Alexander Oathbound, you swore an oath of vengeance upon the dragon Cirothe and Ragathiel has answered. But you have much to learn. I come to bestow another gift upon you, But next time... I will take something away". With this he grabs hold of Alexander's shield arm. The whole tavern is awoken by the scream of pain as Alexander is woken in a fiery sweat, a large burn on his forearm. Nero, Slyar, and Orson enter to see what all the commotion is. Alexander has a large burn on his forearm in the shape of a crimson feathery wing. Nero realizes this is the symbol of Ragathiel. They grab a quick bite to eat, Alexander a strong drink, and they go back to bed.

Gozran 16
They wake around 11am, up late from their ordeal and midnight snack. As they are eating brunch and Orson wishing something interesting might happen. Three adventurers , Andrew Nemeth, Old Jovan, and Mossad enter the inn. They start yelling curses at one individual in the corner "Thy and steal from us Bluestone?". the Andrew grabs a mug from the counter and throws it at the man, badly missing and spraying Orson with mead. A single tear falls down his cheek as he happily hops onto the table and tackles the man, the rest of the patrons fed up with this adventuring party get up and join the barfight. In the chaotic scene Bluestone manages to cast glitterdust blinding most the the tavern and escapes.
Once the dust clears the rival adventurers see staying here is pointless and they escape, only to be chased down by Orson who has now drawn his great sword. Midway down the street they turn and draw their own weapons and prepare to fight back. During the fight Alexander attempts to break it up by pulling Orson away but Orson trips him in the process. Orson falls, as well as Andrew Nemeth. Sylar manages to greatly wound Old Jovan and Alexander surrenders. Nero pulls Orson out of the fight. Mossad and Old Jovan take Andrew and they walk off.
Orson and Alexander get into a fight with one another. Orson believes that one should NEVER take one out of the fight as it puts your side at a tactical disadvantage. If Orson would die in combat that would be an honorable death, for dieing in battle is the ONLY way one should die. Despite all attempts for Alexander to stop the fight as it was happening, the rival adventurers did not relent. Orson forsake Alexander as a companion and took off towards Thornbury, Nero chased after. Alexander and Sylar stayed in Borcester.
Wanting to get to the bottom of what happened, Sylar and Alexander look for Bluestone. after some groans of "Not Again...", the manage to convince the locals that they only want to help. They manage to track Bluestone down to a barn about a mile outside of town. He isn't very good at hiding himself and Sylar found him pretty quickly. Bluestone tells them he was once a companion to the three others but they found a magic item. They all argued as to who would get it when Bluestone took it himself and made a run for it, he wasn't getting the respect he deserved and was bullies mostly by the group. Bluestone says the item is in a cave, a little north of Thornbury. They set out for Thornbury.

Gozran 17
Most of the day is spend traveling. Orson and Nero make it to Thornbury midday and spend the rest of it at Denhews Pub n' Grub. Orson meets Yara Bloodclaw, she sees Orson is down and they get to talking. Offering him some guidance along the way. He decides to meditate on it. That evening Sylar and Alexander arrive. They meet the others at the Pub. Orson is still ignoring Alexander. Sylar tells of the information he found about the magic item and Bluestone and that its located in a cave to the north. Overhearing this Albert Wright joins the conversation telling them they should go there right now. He tells them of a large creature roaming the countryside eating stray sheep and other animals there, he wants to capture it but needs their help. They agree and decide to set out in the morning.
Orson and Alexander settle their differences and Orson head buts Alex calling them even.

Gozran 18
Today the weather turns to slight overcast. Orson determines that tomorrow it is going to rain. Early morning they head back to Hengistbury. Remembering they were owed some gold they met up with Rorus and got paid, they replenished their supplies and continues to the Wizards Tower. Hunch-back Roland told them of what to get and they split up. Nero and Orson went to find Freya, Sylar and Alexander went to get the Sand. By the time Nero and Orson got back to the others, Alex managed to toss out two buckets of sand but they finally got the sand they needed. Freya led them to the grove in the Forest and they managed to pick the Roses and went back to Roland. It looked good enough and he brought them to his master. an hour later Roland comes back and gives them the vials. They meets up with Albert and examine the holding facilities he has made. They head north past the castle and finally see the cave entrance. Noticing the Chimera, Albert lets our a "Crikey!" and everyone gets into position. They manage to put it to sleep on the third turn and they tie it up and cart it back to town. Albert Wright pays them and they plan on heading back to the cave tomorrow to retrieve Bluestones magic item and give it to the other adventurers to get them off Bluestones back.

GM Notes:
My players absolutely loved Freya. the running joke of the evening was she was so sweet, they began getting cavities. I got a lot of compliments on how she was played. I have the feeling they'll see more of her as time goes on.

As for the Paladin and the Barbarian, I wasnt sure why the Paladin tried to pull the Barbarian away from the fight when they continues to hit him even when he was on the ground. Also being a follower of the Diety of Vengeance and Duty, I would have joined in a driven them off. But not look to kill them or put my own ally in danger. How should I handle this as a GM or let it develope in game?

Crispy120286

Explorer
I need advice. In the quest Troublemakers, my heroes have already defeated the rival adventurers. If they encounter them again and defeat them a second time, do they gain EXP again?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I need advice. In the quest Troublemakers, my heroes have already defeated the rival adventurers. If they encounter them again and defeat them a second time, do they gain EXP again?

Sure! I can't think of any good reason not to award them XP.

Crispy120286

Explorer
Session 4

Gozran19
Theheroes awake to the sound of thunder and raining. They decide to head past thecastle and back to the cave to retrieve the Magic Item Bluestone mentioned inhopes to give it back to the adventurers to stop pursuing Bluestone. Our heroesfinally reach the cave surrounded by charred grounds from the Chimera. Theyenter the cave and notice a light source up ahead. Slowly making their way upto investigate. Around the corner they see the three adventurers theyencountered earlier, Andrew Nemeth, Old Jovan, and Mossad, with Bluestone boundin ropes. Andrew notices Orson and calles out “Oh the half-breed comes back toplay!”. Orson not liking the sight of Bluestone imprisoned for what he believeswas nothing wrong, draws his greatsword and charges. The battle is a close onebut soon the only one standing is Old Jovan, he surrenders. Alexander knowsthis man is evil and sentences him to death*. Alexander gives Old Jovan a swiftand painless execution. Orson pleased with the battle and seeing as the enemiesdied honorably in battle he buries them. Bluestone decided to head out on his own, not wanting to stick around here for much longer. He mentioned they might meet him somewhere to the east Having burnt a lot of resources theygo back to Hengistbury, trade in for new supplies, and rest up for the evening.

Gozran20
Earlyon this foggy morning they head northward towards the castle of Brockendale.Coming up the hill, they reach a long staircase heading up towards the castle.Orson notices spider webs scattered across the ground. Coming up the bridge andtowers that were fully encased in webs, six large spiders attacked! Orson getspoisoned but they manage to drive them off.

Reachingthe courtyard Nero gets hit with a bucket followed by “Get out! Get out! Getout!” and every door in the courtyard slamming shut. Nero overcome by fearmakes a run for it. The others catch up and help calm him down. Back to thecourtyard Alexander states that he only wishes to help. The door to the mainentrance opens slowly. They enter and the kitchen door opens. Upon entering thekitchen they are overcome with a most foul odor. After being attacked by aslime crawler they search the area and find a journal belonging to a womannamed Eleanor. Reading it they find outshe became pregnant from an affair with a previous lord Pemberton and shefeared she was going be imprisoned. The journal abruptly ends there. Theyimmediately head to the prison. Searching the many cells they find a notewrapped inside one of the rusted metal bread frames. The note is to herstillborn son. Sudden Eleanor appears in the door way and tells them the restof her story. She was tried as a witch by Lady Pemberton for seducing LordPemberton. The morning follow her stillbirth she was executed. Enraged theyimmediately headed back towards Hengistbury keep to speak to the current Lordand Lady Pemberton.

They reach the keep. In the courtyard Ariadne is speaking to Lady Pemberton. Ariadnesmiles and waves to Alexander. She walks over to talk to him, telling him ofhow she's looking forward to the summer festival. Alexander asks her if she isfree for the evening and if she would like to take a walk with him. With herface bright red, she accepts. They look to Lady Pemberton and tells her theyneed to talk to her. Nero tells his parents the tragic story of Eleanor.Shocked by the story, they write her a writ of pardon of any crimes.

Backat Brockendale castle Alexander formally announces Nero Dia Pemberton who thenreads the writ aloud. They feel calmness then in the breeze a note lands attheir feet with the words "Thank You.". They continue to explore thecastle and finally find the bedroom, they find the scabbard underneath the bedcovered in a thick layer of dust. Taking what they came to find they head backtowards the keep. Upon speaking to Lord and Lady Pemberton again they tell ofhow the helped Eleanor rest in peace and give Lord Pemberton his scabbard back.Never thinking he would ever see the scabbard in his life, Lord and LadyPemberton awards each of them thePemberton Crest.

GM'sNotes: Alexander is a paladin of Ragathiel. LG Deity of Chivalry, Duty, andVengeance. Very hot under the collar but is still a good person, if not quickto anger. In regards to the execution of Old Jovan we looked up and came upwith a list of tenants for Ragathiel. This one stood out in regards to evil andsurrendered enemies, "Should someone cry quarter but be already sentencedto death, I shall inform them of their upcoming execution so they may betterprepare themselves when I strike. Should the judgment not yet be final, I willstay my hand until I know whether it is right to cut the thread holding thesword of right over them or to extend my hand and lift them up as aninnocent." Old Jovan was in fact evil and could not be innocent so heslain him. I'm not sure anyone else philosophical thoughts on this but I'm curious on what youthink.

Anotherthing, I'm really enjoying getting the PC's attacked to Ariadne. Orson andSylar kind of make fun of Alexander for being an awkward teenager in thepresence of Ariadne (they're both 16). But they do get along quite well withBrand Torek, Always joining them for a drink every night at the tavern.Definitely going to push their buttons when they see what is in store for them!:D

Crispy120286

Explorer
They reached Level 3 last session. I'm thinking one more mission and sending them off to Act 2. Gonna start running in a few hours, really looking forward to it. Excellent adventure Morrus!

Crispy120286

Explorer
Session 5

Gozran 20(Continued)
That evening theadventurers head to the tavern for some much needed dinner. Alexander thenmeets Ariadne and walks along the riverbank. He walks her home and she giveshim a kiss on the cheek goodnight. He smiles but is torn, he really likes thisgirl but is betrothed to some noble woman whom he has yet to meet. He puts itfrom his mind. The others chuckle and poke fun at Alexander, asking why he didn't take her behind thebarn. Alex being a bit naïve didn't know how to answer.

Gozran 21
Alexander is wokenup to a knock at his door. Its Ariadne! She tells him to get the others andmeet Brand immediately. The adventures gather at brands and he informs themthat a pickpocket that was being held in Hengistbury's only cell has escaped.Her name is Tila and her only distinguishing feature is her bright red hair.

They immediately setout in search of her. They track her past the river, north along the farmlandsand past the forest, avoiding the many traps she placed, until they meet her bya large canyon attempting to sabotage a rope bridge.

Orson chargesstraight for her causing her to abandon her sabotage attempt and run. Orson,the fastest of the group catches up to her quickly, Sylar right behind, andAlexander and Nero shortly after. Tila turns to confront her chasers, drawing adagger and short sword. She attacks Orson and runs off again. Orson stalls andasks her why she is running, what was her crime? Not getting an answer out ofher and seeing her dart off again he charges and attacks, taking her down witha well placed crit! Accidentally decapitating her. Nero, upset that Tila waskilled. He wanted to bring her back alive to serve the rest of her sentence. Hewraps her body up tightly and they transport her back to Hengistbury.

Upon their return toHengistbury they are met with a crowd gathered around the small church ofErastil. Lady Pembertons carriage is tethered outside. inside, they found Brandlying on a bed, a black arrow sticking out of his leg. He tells them the Koboldsgot Ariadne! Lady Pemberton tells them to go in search of her and return whenthey have any information. Immediately they set out in search of them. Theadventurers track them down river to an abandoned farm house. Inside they findthe Kobolds. Killing all but one, Orson interrogated him. They learn that thegirl was taken because Ciroth wants the virgins of the countryside to bebrought to skull mountain for sacrifices. Ariadne is already half the way toSkull Mountain being carried by Flying Kobolds. Empty handed and furious, Theyhead back to Hengistbury Keep to meet with Lady Pemberton.

Lord and LadyPemberton, saddened by the news of Ariadne's kidnapping, asks the Adventurersto find her. Find her and slay the dragon Ciroth that has been plaguing thecountryside for so many generations. They gladly accept and Lord Pembertongives Orson Dragonbane, his great sword.

Gozran 22
Early in the morningthe Wizard Sirkesalo identifies everyone's magic items before they begin to setout on their journey. They purchase some gear, and prep for the long tripeastward. Lord and Lady Pemberton along with the towns folk gather up enough suppliesto get them started. They are given a large cart, two oxen, and enough supplypacks and tool kits to get them ready for at least a few days. They leave townfor the last time.

Gozran 23
They meet a Cattleherder along the road, he chats with them for a few then continues onward.

Gozran 24
Uneventful day

Gozran 25
Mid day they comealong a Merchant Caravan of four carriages, led by a Dwarf. The merchantswarned them about the orcs and bandits to the east, that they have been gettingvery bold lately and he fears something may be happening soon. Orson got intoan argument with him about Orcs and the two began insulting each other untilthe guards stepped in, and Alexander stopping Orson. Both parties went theirseparate ways but unhappy at the outcome. That night they found themselves backin Borcester. They decided to spend the night in the Lost Shepherd.

Gozran 26
In the evening astheir trip was winding down the were met with five riders on Horseback. Tellingthem to halt and demanding a 50gp toll each for travel along Valclav's road.Alexander questioned this saying that no one owns the road only to have the menlaugh and draw weapons. That was the last straw for the Adventurers and theymanaged to take out the leader causing the four others to run and escape.Alexander took the leaders horse as his own.

Gozran 27
Early in the morningthey came across a small Roadside Inn. They didn’t stay for long, just grabbedsome breakfast and left.

Gozran 28
Early morning afterthey set off they passed a family of Halflings who were on their way toHoldenshire. The Halflings spoke of their home constantly coming under siegefrom the Orcish tribes to the north and that they have been receivingassistance from human bandits. Orson still not wanting to hear anything ill ofan Orc begins to taunt and insult the Halflings. Alexander has to pull him awayagain and the family continues onward towards Holdenshire.

GM Notes:
All in all a funsession, they finally finished act 1 and onward to act 2. Orson in my opinionisn't play CG very much. Definitely closer to CN. Generally he is just a bullyand pretty much an @$$hole to everyone he meet. I need to talk to him about that. Looking forward to tomorrows session.

Crispy120286

Explorer
Great. I'm glad I have people reading. Next session is coming soon. We played yesterday, it just needs to be written up. Any feedback or suggestions? How are your games going?

Remove ads