Criticise my Grognard d20

Big Mac

Explorer
Reason for not just playing 1E

xp for treasure difficult in 'quasi-mediaeval' setting
initiative etc. bit wooly
d20 looks easier to tweak
felt like a change
the old-school adventure to be used (Starstone) is a sort of drift away from normal 1E AD&D anyway.
dont like C&C

Have you tried OSRIC? That is created from the SRD, but is very similar to AD&D. (Even if you don't want to play OSRIC, you might learn some stuff from it.)

Aus_Snow

First Post
Have you tried OSRIC? That is created from the SRD, but is very similar to AD&D. (Even if you don't want to play OSRIC, you might learn some stuff from it.)
Um, as far as I know, it basically *is* AD&D, with only the absolute minimum required filing off of serial numbers (if any). Nothing to do with the SRD, either. It might use the OGL, but I can't remember for sure, and besides, that really has nothing to do with SRD.

They don't want to use AD&D, therefore. . .

NN

First Post
That is an oldie but goodie. Are you using the "Trouble at Embertrees" as an intro/sidetrek?

Edit: You might look into letting Hobbits take the "Expert" NPC class from UA, maybe to model a "Merchant". You might also think of allowing the Bard class as a Prestige Class for that 1e Old School feel.
Also, watch the access to "Buffs" and "Summonings".

Oh yes, Embertrees will be after a re-worked Longbottom Down. Have you got any Starstone advice? Or homebrewed Ristenby Town?

Remove ads