Crossed Paths - OOC

doghead

thotd
I'm here but I couldn't think of anything to post IC (other than Marcus takes a drink of ale and shuffles his feet or some such).

I will be gone from September 15 to the end of the month and won't have internet access. Sorry. Feel free to autopilot me (although, I have never seen this done actually).

the head of the god

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Hello everyone! I'm here to reactivate Octar, if I may. I apologize for my extended absence; the period I was away from the internet was longer than anticipated.

If I'm not mistaken, 3rd level statisitcs are needed, and I'll get them to you shortly, Manzanita. Could anyone summarize for me what has gone on in my absence? Or alternatively, tell me to stop being lazy and read the thread myself. :p

Manzanita

First Post
Welcome Back

Great to have you back. Personally, I can't remember when you left. I suspect all you really missed was the fight in the mist and the sight of the Wendol camp. You can get pieced in with the two newbies if nothing else.

Octar just needs to get better and come downstairs. I realize I hijacked your second PC's origin a bit to get Doghead into the game, but hey, that's why I gave you the origin I did. Octar will remember Marcus as the friend who asked him to go on this little adventure. you two can piece together the rest as you see fit.

You did receive the experience point email? Just submit your 3.5 3rd level PC before the first fight (which is ASAP)

Manzanita

First Post
Unfortunately ErichDragon informed me he needs to drop this game for a month or so. Erich, I'll miss you and I hope you'll rejoin the game when things settle down for you. Ecghtow will be incapacitated but well cared for in the Inn in Sevastopol, and if/when he wishes to rejoin, I suspect we'll be able to reactivate him quickly. Good luck with your busy season.

We've still got 6 fine players in this game, which should be just right. Let the game continue!

Manzanita

First Post
Unfortunately ErichDragon informed me he needs to drop this game for a month or so. Erich, I'll miss you and I hope you'll rejoin the game when things settle down for you. Ecghtow will be incapacitated but well cared for in the Inn in Sevastopol, and if/when he wishes to rejoin, I suspect we'll be able to reactivate him quickly. Good luck with your busy season.

We've still got 6 fine players in this game, which should be just right. Let the game continue!

doghead

thotd
As tomorrow will probably be a bit of a rush, I'll take this opportunity to exit stage left.

See you in October.

... Ah. I just checked back over the thread. I thought that I had posted to all the OOC threads to give my GMs a heads up. I missed one. Must have been having too much fun on the IC thread. Sorry.

I will be away till the end of the month. Basically, I won't have internet access. Manzanita, feel free to remote pilot Marcus so the game can continue. Once again, sorry about the lack of notice.

the hung head of the dog

Manzanita

First Post
testing

Just testing mapping here.

OK - still can't seem to posts .jpgs any more. I think I'll go back and try the earlier suggestion.

By the way, I just wondered if anyone noticed my shameless hijacking of other people's stuff for my campaign. Anyone familiar with the Melniboneans? The whole Wendol saga? The 1979 Judges Guild module: The Caverns of Thracia? The old man on the raft saying "...its..."? Nemmerle's Out of the Frying Pan story hour?

Last edited:

Inez Hull

First Post
Well I did kinda notice a few familiar names from RttToEE. Don’t suppose the Wendol were inspired by the 13th Warrior perchance? That said this game is going along nicely and comes across as very original for all its diverse inspiration. The game seems to have several threads running at once – I’m not going to be surprised if those Roman archaeologists are hunting around for greek fire too. Very nicely done.

Manzanita

First Post
Thanks for the positive feedback. We hard-working DMs everywhere need that kind of thing.

The 13th Warrior was the name of the movie, which I was not particularly impressed with. However, the Michael Crighton (sp?) novel, The Eaters of the Dead was great. And it is the novel I was basing the Wendol saga on. So don't go buy it until we finish this part up. I have no Experience w/RttToEE, which is what allows me to join the game Thels is hosting. I do have the original Homlett module from 1979, which I had originally planned to incorporate to an extent, but when I converted this campaign from Tabletop to PbP, I radically shortened it to account for the slow pace of PbP gaming.

Remove ads