• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths - Part I

doghead

thotd
We need to keep the witches busy. I need move up there [northwards] and come at them from the other side. Marcus glances at the walls. Can I skirt along them?

Option one - if climbing the walls and moving along them seems quite straightforward, he'll try that. Otherwise;

Option two - Marcus tentively pushes a foot across the floor. If he is not impaled again, he will likewise shift his other foot. Assuming success, he will continue thus til he has the pillar between himself and the witches.

He then pulls out his crossbow and loads up a bolt. Bringing it up to the firing position, he slides forwards (northwards) again until he can get a reasonably clear shot at the women.

The old one seems more dangerous, but it is the young one who she seems to be protecting.

OOC: The mapper worked in IE. Do you want us to post edited maps, or only if its difficult to explain?

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
ooc: Map works for me, using IE.

IC: While watching the snake move, Octar realizes something. "Marcus!" he shouts, "I think you can move safely next to the walls!" He then concentrates fully on the snake, holding his shield high between the massive fangs and himself while striking out again.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 2

I'm actually going to say that the spell casting crone gets only 1/2 cover. Dhormium, Ehldannis, go ahead & post first round actions if you choose, but I'm going to keep things rolling.

Nathaniel shoots another arrow at the old woman, but it splinters off the pillar.

Marcus moves tentatively towards the wall. He can feel spikes, and knows if he attempts to step or move with any speed, he will be impaled again. He could, perhaps jump to the wall. It is rough stone, & probably climbable, but it would be risky and unlikely he could cling to it if he jumped for it. Feel free to take another partial action this round

A swarm of bats appears in front of the pillar (Brioc didn't have quite the range to get it behind the pillar.), flaps around and then attacks the women behind it.

Help me out here. Bats have no attack damage, would their attack just cause disorientation?

The snake strikes at Octar, but it's fangs don't penetrate his shield. The male neandrathall moves south to the wall behind the snake. The old woman throws a ball of fire again at the invaders, though she can barely see them. None the less, the ball of fire strikes home, into Brioc, causing 12 points of dmg(bringing him to 9 - would he then have to make a concentration check to maintain his spell?).

Octar deals the snake another solid blow, inflicting 11 points dmg.

Last edited:

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis watches past his companions and realising he cannot gain access to the room begins spellcasting. His gestures are followed by a string of gutteral syllables and he points into the chamber next to the crone. A point of blackness grows and grows until it has become several feet across, when a chilling howl emerges followed by a wolf with fur as black as night. The wolf then turns with a snarl and bounds at the crone with fangs bared.

[OOC: Cast Summon Monster II - Fiendish Wolf]

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar notes with some worry the foul beast that seems to answer Ehldannis' call, and his distraction nearly costs him dear as he quickly steps back from another serpent bite. Focus! He strikes out at the snake.

Jarval

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Help me out here. Bats have no attack damage, would their attack just cause disorientation?...

None the less, the ball of fire strikes home, into Brioc, causing 12 points of dmg(bringing him to 9 - would he then have to make a concentration check to maintain his spell?).
OOC: I've replied to these questions in the OOC thread, as the explanation is quite lengthy. Hope this covers everything.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads