• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths - Part I

doghead

thotd
Marcus throws back his head and laughs. There is a slight edge to it - a release of tension - but otherwise it is one of genuine humour.

"Octar my good friend. Don't be fooled by that figure. I doubt that she is an innocent maiden waiting to be be rescued." The possibility that she was intended to be a sacrifice suddenly crosses his mind, but even so, she is wendol.

"And regardless, I don't think that you will endear yourself to her by dragging her away.

"I think that the only way we will truely know if we have achieved what we came to achieve is to do as the dwarves did ...

"Does anyone know what language they speak?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
doghead said:
"And regardless, I don't think that you will endear yourself to her by dragging her away."

Octar pauses a moment, unsure through the pain whether Marcus is joking or not, and whether he should be offended or not. He shakes his head to clear it and turns to Brioc. "Just save her from dying from her wounds, and I will rest easier."

ooc: I ph34r the upcoming pair of fortitude save vs. secondary effects. :eek:

doghead

thotd
Thomas Hobbes said:
Octar pauses a moment, unsure through the pain whether Marcus is joking or not, and whether he should be offended or not. He shakes his head to clear it and turns to Brioc. "Just save her from dying from her wounds, and I will rest easier."

"You have a noble soul Octar, and I have never had any reason to doubt that. I am proud to be your friend and companion.

"If there is enough healing to go around, let us heal her then. But I think that we should look to your wounds first. You look pale. If that snake had venom, you may end up resting more easily than you wished."

Inez Hull

First Post
"No Octar, we cannot take the risk. The younger one may well have been apprentice to the crone. If we spare her now, it may mean the death of many in years to come. We must look to the future and the possibilities we leave untied. I believe following the path of the Dwarves is best, take the heads of the crone and the serpent and let us walk away from here. Rescuing the folk of Sevastapol was a diversion from our original mission, let us make sure that we finish this with finality."

doghead

thotd
Marcus nods as Ehldannis speaks.

Thank you Ehldannis. Those are not easy thoughts to think, let alone to speak aloud. It is comforting to know that I was not alone in believing so.

When Ehldannis finishes, Marcus reitterates what he had thought to himself out loud.

Manzanita

First Post
Octar sits, as a fresh wave of nausea passes over him. After a few moments, he rises, feeling like the worst has passes. (second save vs. poison successful)

Ehldannis, still at the bead curtain, sees swaying lights, like those of carried torches, down the hallway.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar shakes his head as if to clear it, and then says "Let's get it over with." He walks over to the snake, wary of spikes, and raises his sword to sever its head.

Inez Hull

First Post
"Ware!", Ehldannis calls out in a panicked squeak. "More Wendol approach. Octar, Marcus, now is the time to finish this, do the deed quickly, otherwise we fight our way out past the Wendol".

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Marcus stands and points his crossbow at the heart of the old woman lying at his feet. His finger curls and uncurls around the trigger.

Manzanita

First Post
Octar slices the Snakes head off with one quick stroke. It is about as big as his chest. Ehldannis moves inside the bead curtain. Peeking out, he can see a group of forms approaching carrying torches. The lead figure is a woman wearing a scimitar. There are 3 to 4 other figures behind her.

Remove ads