• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths - Part I

Inez Hull

First Post
Unsure of whether his companions have completed the deed and severed the heads of the Wendol shamans yet, Ehldannis reacts fearfully and instantly goes into spellcasting, pointing at the woman as he utters the final syllables of aspell.

[OOC: casts Daze]

doghead

thotd
Marcus grunts as Brioc's blade separates the old crone's head from her body. He breathes a sigh of relief as he straightens up. It is done.

The relief is short lived as the beads part to admit the warrior woman.

"Octar! Get the girl, they must not have her."

Marcus remembers that he holds the head of the old crone. Holding it up, he shouts, "Your time here has come to an end! Begone!" With the last statement, he makes a sweeping gesture of dismissal with his free hand.

OOC: Just checking: From the old map, Octar is the closest to the girl? The wendol have come from the same passage we did?

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
doghead said:
OOC: Just checking: From the old map, Octar is the closest to the girl? The wendol have come from the same passage we did?

ooc: But he moved towards the entrance where the new spellcasting woman is, so no more.

ic: Octar raises his tired sword arm once again and, holding his shield high, strikes at the woman.

doghead

thotd
Marcus closes his eyes momentarily as Octar's sword rises and falls, snapping open at the sound of the sword finding its mark.

Ah Octar! For what its worth, I am truely sorry.

Thels

First Post
Dhormuin, who was watching the discussion from a little away, wondering what they would decide upon, was getting a little annoyed at the arguing in the group, but felt like not knowing enough to take sides. Now that a more obvious task represented itself, Dhormuin grabbed his axe and moved to meet up with the new arrivals, silently readying himself for combat.

Manzanita

First Post
The woman’s shock slowly turns to undisguised hatred. But the others behind her, glancing in around her, seem to be struck by fear and panic. They begin shouting raving. After everyone has had a look inside at the heads and the bodies, they flee down the corridor. The woman in the bloodsplattered armor remains longer in the door, staring deeply into each face inside. Then with a quick jerk, she flings the curtains closed and flees after her companions.

After this, a low din can be heard in the cavern, as though much activity and shouting is going on.

Several members of the group are struck by the woman's face. It seemed eerily familiar somehow...

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
"If there is going to be trouble, it will come from that woman," Marcus says with a jerk of his chin in the direction of the passage they just fled down. He glances at the faces of the dead women. Were they related?

"I want this to be over. Do we go back the way we came, or follow those wendol and leave out the front?"

Manzanita

First Post
DM notes

You're actually pretty much done with Part I of this campaign. If no one objects, I'm going to bump you up somewhat in space and time pretty soon. I do need to write some stuff up, first. Please proceed in the meanwhile. Don't forget your treasure!

Guilt Puppy

First Post
(There's treasure? Sweet.

Anyway, moving on is fine, but I'd also like to offer to politely step out of Part II, if you'd rather open up a spot for someone who can post more frequently. When I have free time, four games is easy to keep up with, but I figure it's best to go by worst-case scenario, where I can really only keep up with one or two.

If the sporadic posting frequency isn't slowing things down, of course, I'd like to stick around. But if it is, I'm willing to bow out with no hard or hurt feelings whatsoever -- just let me know what you think would be best.)

Remove ads