• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths, Part II

Krilith

First Post
~When he sees that Marcus, Mendicus and Tullius are not hurt he guides his senses towards the flames and the area where he himself was walking and where the three got burnt. But before he even starts the idea struck him that this is meant to be a harmless device, almost ceremonial. Rituals for Alexander’s generals and the like maybe?~

“Careful where you step! I don’t think that was meant to hurt you, but an accident is just as lethal”

~And with the saying of those words, and a grin that is even quite noticeable through his beard Dhormium starts to see if he can find a trigger for this extra light.~

Ooc: search +3 (+5 if stone related), spell craft +7.

doghead

thotd
Marcus whirls around, keeping his arm up to cover his eyes. As the flames die away he lowers his arm slowly.

He abides by the dwarf's warning and holds his place. After he listens to the dwarf's speculations, he is content to let Dhormium do his thing. But he keeps the lanterns light and a wary eye roving over the room for anything that might be thinking of taking advantage of the parties preoccupation with the light show.

"I think that it might be worth inspecting that alcove more closely," Marcus says with a nod in the direction of the north wall.

ooc: Jarval, does Brioc still have his wolf around?

Manzanita

First Post
flames etc

The flames continue unabated for about 30 seconds, then a demon appears to rise up out of the fire, laughing a loud, evil laugh. Flames pour out of the demon's mouth, and its eyes sparkle and glitter. A moment's inspection makes you think it isn't real, as its mouth, nor any other body part moves.

Jarval

Explorer
Brioc jumps in surprise at the sudden burst of flame, Wolf cowering behind his legs.

"Gods! Is everyone unhurt?" He calls out to his companions. Before anyone can reply, the demon emerges from the fire.

"Gaaah, look out!" Brioc rushes forwards to challenge the demonic apparition, only to slow his pace at the demon's oddly unresponsive form.

"Ehldannis, this smells of magic to me. Is this creature real, or some figment conjured to confuse us?"

doghead said:
ooc: Jarval, does Brioc still have his wolf around?
(OoC: Yup, Wolf's still with the group, he's just been keeping a low profile of late... OK, I admit it, I forgot about him :heh: )

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar prepares to charge the creature as soon as it appears, and then hesitates. He approaches the thing cautiously and taps it with the tip of his sword.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar hesitates at the edge of the flames, and wonders if they, too, might be false. He sheaths his sword and pulls out an arrow, sticking it in and seeing if it is burned. If it is not, he advances to tap the demon with his sword; if it is, he shoots the damaged arrow at the demon.

Manzanita

First Post
The arrow indeed burns, and Octar can feel the heat. As Octar fits his arrow to his bow, the demon figure begins to sink into the floor from whence it came, still laughing its evil, mocking laugh. Octar's arrow flies and shatters against it before it disapears into the floor, eyes glimmering and twinkling. As the fire dies, the observant party notices that slabs of stone slide together to close over the area where the figure sank.

doghead

thotd
"Blood and ashes!"

Marcus starts as the creature emerges from the flames and lets off a shot with the crossbow.

Moments before his brain realises that that might not be the best way to begin things with a deamon.

ooc: OK. I stole the curse from the Wheel of Time. But rules is rules. Gotta keep it safe for Morrus' granny.

Jarval, glad to hear the wolf is still with us. Marcus has grow quite fond of the creature since that time they ran together in the woods against Sergius' friend.

Krilith

First Post

~A demon?!? What is it doing here? Dhormium delays his investigation and readies himself for anything, but the demon sinks back into the floor. He decides to first investigate the area where he is standing to see if anything activated the flames and then move on to where the demon appeared. If he cannot find anything he speaks to Brioc about looking into the statue. In the meantime searching his mind for a memory about anything resembling demon statue’s or ceremonies they are included~

“Brioc, if it’s ok I would really like a chance to take a better look over there.”

Ooc: still search +3 (+5 if stone related), spell craft +7 (for the appearing flames) but now with knowledge religion and planes (for the demon), both are +5.

Remove ads