Crossed Paths, Part II

Jarval

Explorer
Brioc scrambles backwards slightly, before muttering a desperate prayer. Fire lights his hand, and he hurls it towards Sergius.

(Casting produce flame)

doghead

thotd
Round 6

Marcus notices Octar turn out of the corner of his eye, and so he shifts northward {to L8}, splitting the Sergius' attention and hopefully opening up his flank to one of them Between the fire, Octar and me, you should have difficulty slipping out of this one. But the man is a snake, so Marcus remains wary.

ooc: Attack (+6, 1d6) or Sneak attack (+2d6). Ideally, he would like to leave the man in a condition to talk. But Marcus is aware that there are still the achers to deal with, and they can't afford to mess around here.

Edit: Just saw Jarvel's post. Rolled a 2 for Spot check - Marcus didn't see Brioc preping that little surprise. Depending on how the initiative works out, this could hurt :(

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Round 6

Ehldannis aims his bow at the one remaining enemy, and fires, but his arrow again goes wide.

Segius sees that his last ally has fallen, and bolts East. As he passes, Marcus tries to catch him with his blade, but isn't quite fast enough. Sergius bursts through the bushes next to Ehldannis and keeps going. As the group makes to pursue, suddenly a dazzle of lights bursts forth around Marcus. To the rest, (not Marcus) it seems to come from due South of him. With the quick reaction of one used to thinking on his feet, Marcus manages to shut his eyes before the dizzying effect can impair him.

Mendicus mummurs "Thank the earth mother..." His efforts shooting his crossbow and healing Brioc have torn open his wounds, and with warm blood dripping down his face, he topples over in a dead faint.

Mendicus' healing actions took more than a round, and Brioc must take a moment to get his bearings after awakening, so he gets no 6th round action. Marcus and Octar may post 6th round actions now, since you may wish to change your posted ones

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar curses and dives for his bow. "Marcus, get him!" Having retrieved his bow, Octar will rush to stand between Octar and the surviving archers, knocking an arrow to his bow.

Manzanita

First Post
Octar can see one figure struggling in the vegitation in the north part of the clearing. (the other three are asleep or dead.)

doghead

thotd
Round 6 Revised

Marcus wants Sergius so bad, but there are still archers and the others ...

"Marcus, get him!"

Octar's shout releases Marcus from his dilemma like a bolt from a crossbow, with the snake the target. Octar will look after the rest, and Marcus has faith in his friend. And Ehldannis must still be around. Surely it was his magick light?

The campfire light is quickly lost behind the trees, the world becomes a place painted all in silvers, greys and blacks by the moon and stars. The dash through the forest reminds Marcus of the games of tag he played at night as a child. I will get him. I was always good at this game.

ooc: Blind Fight - You take only half the usual penalty to speed for being unable to see. Darkness and poor visibility in general reduces your speed to three-quarters normal, instead of one-half.

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Manzanita said:
...but Nathaniel's inspiring words give him strength...

(Did Nathaniel get healed somewhere that I missed, or are his words from before the fall just still in effect? I just want to make sure I haven't overlooked something...)

doghead

thotd
ooc: I think it is the latter. Thats how I read it. Nathaniel was laid out in about round 3 or 4, but Bardic Music's effects last for 5 rounds after the bard ceases singing, etc.

doghead

thotd
His blood runs hot in his veins as Marcus races through the forest.

He lets out a howl of glee.

As a child he had done this by instinct and wits. Those he still had but the intervening years, he realised, had added to them new skills and abilities.

"I was born to this Sergius! Did you know that! I can smell you!"

"Can you feel my breath on you neck! My sword between your shoulder blades!"

The spooked kids were always the easiest to catch.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 6 (con't)

Yes, Nathaniel is still out, but the lingering effects of his oration are what enabled Octar to connect with his last blow. So, you can sort of feel like you're still in the game...

Marcus bravely dashes into the forest after Sergius.
Octar sheaths his blade and readies his bow and arrows.
Brioc gets up, guarded by his wolf. Mendicus faints.

Round 7

Ehldannis...
Sergius seems to realize Marcus is trailing him. He draws up. "You are indeed a fool, Roman, to follow one of orc blood into the darkness." Marcus can't really see him, only senses his form amidst the trees ahead of him in the near-darkness. As Marcus slows to face him, he hears another set of feet fast approaching him from the southwest.

Octar fires his bow at the struggling form to the North. He hears the arrow thump wetly into flesh, and a gutteral voice cries out, but the orc continues to struggle in the grass.

Brioc, Marcus and Ehldannis can still act this round.

Remove ads