Crossed Paths, Part II

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar pulls two more arrows in quick sucsession, shooting them both quickly at the trapped orcs.

ooc: Rapid shot.

edit: And Octar's intent was to impose himself between Brioc and the archers; not sure if that changes anything.

Last edited:

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis moves back through the forest towards where Marcus has dashed past him and soon catches both his companion and spys Sergius with his Elvish vision. He moves alongside Marcus and draws a bead on the stranger. Looking down his arrow he calmly asks Sergius, "What manner of man are you?" He watches the man-orc intently and at any sign of spellcasting, attack or flight will release his arrow.

doghead

thotd
Orc born. One of those creatures more at home in the dark. The cold touch of fear sends a shiver down his spine. He endeavours to keep it out of his voice.{1}

"Goblin-kin. So they rutted your mother, Sergius."

Marcus considers tossing a knife. I'm not going to get the jump on him here, and without that, its just an irritation. But he carefully slides one from his belt anyway, the blade pressed along the length of his left arm, and out of sight hopefully. If it gets up close and dirty ... . {2}

Wolf? His gaze flickers momentarily to his right, but he avoids the turn his head, even if he doesn't see anything. He pushes forward towards Sergius. Sergius is the prize.

{1} Bluff +7.
{2} Not using two weapons (have you seen the penalties!). Just keeping it in the off hand, assuming that there is no penalty for this.

Manzanita

First Post
Round7

Neither Marcus nor Ehldannis can see Sergius' face, but they hear him mutter in his gutteral tongue, then shout as he flees again, this time to the South. Marcus hears Ehldannis' bow twang, and hears the arrow thump into a tree. His blade has more success, tearing a gash in Sergius bicept as he dashes by. Eyes following his enemy south, both Ehldannis and Marcus see a dark shape turn and follow Sergius. Although humanoid, they can tell nothing more, although it smells musky like an animal, not like an orc.

Jarval

Explorer
Brioc shakes his head, trying to clear the haze still left by his recent lapse into unconsciousness. He call upon nature to help him in this time of need, his voice tracing the ritual pattern taught to him by his father.

(Casting Summon Nature's Ally II in place of Flame Blade to call a hippogriff.)

doghead

thotd
Marcus sets off after Sergius.

Marcus stumbles, only just catching himself, at the sudden appearence of the figure, detaching itself from the darkness in the persuit of Sergius.

What? That is not wolf. It smells like ...? Marcus really has no idea. He pushes on as fast as possible after Sergius. Its no Orc. Goblin? Bugbear? But Marcus knows he is just pulling names from the stories. But it is no friend of Sergius I think.

But remember, there is no reason to believe it is any friend of yours either ....

ooc: Marcus will attempt to catch and bring down Sergius. He isn't planning to attack the "humanoid", and will act to avoid confrontation with it if possible, but he doesn't assume that it is friendly.

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis chases after the fleeing Sergius and loads his bow whilst attempting to weave through the foliage. He then stops and when he picks up a clean shot on Sergius he fires. Thankfully for Ehldannis, none of his companions see his unathletic display of "running" and moving through the undergrowth, he is obviously one not used to the outdoors and physical pursuits.

[OOC: Move 30' and fire an arrow at Sergius]

Jarval

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Since Brioc can't see Sergius at this point, I assume he's summoning the hippogryph to attack the archers?
(OoC: Yup, that's right. I'm giving them something other than me to shoot at while I try to get some of our side back on their feet.)

Remove ads