Crossed Paths, Part II

Jarval

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Dhormium gets his bearings and approaches Nathaniel. He kneels and examines this body. "Oh, 'tis too late for this one, I fear."
Brioc's face fades to grey at these words, and he rushes to Nathaniel's side, hoping to find some sign of life that Dhormium might have missed. Finding none, his face goes from grief to cold fury in a moment, and he stands, sword in hand.

"If you cannot help him, then heal me as well as you can, priest. The creature that killed Nathaniel shall not live to see the dawn." The look he casts towards the dwarf brooks no argument, the fires of anger burning bright in Brioc's eyes.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Dhormium casts cure moderate wounds on Brioc, then on himself. Then cure minor wounds on Mendicus. (Brioc healed 14 pts). He goes on to examine the orc bodies to be sure they're dead.

"Thank you, master dwarf" says Mendicus. He gathers his crossbow, loads it, and glances around nervously at the dark woods and the gory battle site.

Jarval

Explorer
"MARCUS!" Brioc bellows as he strides in the direction he last saw his friend and Sergius heading. "Where's that snake of a Roman gone? I want him dead!"

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis looks to Marcus and whispers, "I'm returning to the camp, we are needed there." He then turns and begins jogging back, calling out, "Marcus and I are in the woods. Sergius has escaped us."

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Whoops, somehow, I missed Doghead's earlier post. Sorry.

Marcus recognizes Sergius' voice, and replies: "Sergius! Do you seek the spear? What is it worth to you?"

Sergius responds. "Do not attempt to bargain with me, Roman. I am the undisputed commander of 1000 orc warriors. The Red Dragon ArtaXerxsa herself gave me that spearpoint. I will spare you a few more years of life. Go back. Get it and fling it into the woods. Then return to Rome."

Meanwhile, at camp, Brioc and Octar stare about in the stillness. Something seems different. In the dim light of the campfire, no danger seems to threaten. Perhaps the fire needs more wood...

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Can you give light with some spell?" asks Octar quietly of Brioc and Ehldannis, when he returns. "I don't like the idea of gathering firewood just now. Where's Marcus?"

Inez Hull

First Post
"Hmmm.... something is strange." Ehldannis pauses in thought for a moment before going into spellcasting and then slowly scanning the area with glowing eyes.

[casts Detect Magic]

"Marcus is in the woods still, we were chasing Sergius but he got away. However, Marcus still searches."

doghead

thotd
No problems.

Manzanita said:
Marcus recognizes Sergius' voice, and replies, "Sergius! Do you seek the spear? What is it worth to you?"

Sergius responds. "Do not attempt to bargain with me, Roman. I am the undisputed commander of 1000 orc warriors. The Red Dragon ArtaXerxsa herself gave me that spearpoint. I will spare you a few more years of life. Go back. Get it and fling it into the woods. Then return to Rome."

Yes. He is still here. I want him. God help me. Marcus dashes towards the voice as fast as possible, a little faster even. The man's(?) words sent a chill through him. If we loose him now, he willl be back.

"The spear is no-longer yours! Sergius! {1} Stand and fight!"

ooc: {1} Can the Marcus hear the others, or them him, if they shout? There has been a bit of shouting going on.

Last edited:

Remove ads